Maksimsf

AFF AAD save video.

I agree that such extreme measures are not called-for here. A more measured response such as remedial training .

Agreed. We all have differing opinions but I figure that if everyone was grounded -- or stopped from instructing -- due to a real screwup at some time, there would be far fewer of us jumping.

I've known a couple current, long time AFF instructors to have had a two-out after chasing a student in separate incidents. Stupid, stupid, stupid.... but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be jumpers or instructors. The sport would not have been bettered by that.

I agree that such extreme measures are not called-for here. A more measured response such as remedial training .

Agreed. We all have differing opinions but I figure that if everyone was grounded -- or stopped from instructing -- due to a real screwup at some time, there would be far fewer of us jumping.

Well, there are f@ck-ups and f@ck-ups.
The one I see in this video is just inappropriate. You take guy on a recurrency jump and loose control of altitude totally. Oh great.
Maybe if you will be fired on field, it will save somebody's live days later.