cyberskydive

New " Documents "

I would like to suggest that this return . . . in a different format. It is my opinion that Skydivers and Riggers should go straight to the manufacturers' websites for the most up-to-date documents pertaining to a particular piece of skydiving gear if the manufacturer still exists. Compilation CDs with manuals or document depository websites are excellent when they are first created, but CDs become outdated and depository websites can fall behind if not properly maintained.

So, my proposal is this: create a document link page that posts hyperlinks to the most up-to-date manuals and service bulletins posted to manufacturers' websites. In cases of manufaturers that no longer exist (e.g. Stunts), or have changed hands such that they no longer post docs for equipment manufactured by the company before it changed (e.g. PISA sport products), files could be posted instead. Updating those files would not be as much of an issue since the last manual version posted before the company stopped making the gear is suitable - service bulletins after the fact (from PIA or other organization) can be linked to.

An editor/page manager would be assigned by Sangiro. Relevant links and documents would be sent via PM or email to the editor/page manager, who would approve them for posting. Periodically, the editor would test all the links for functionality, and broken links will be reported by users as well.

Links to manufacturers' support pages normally yield a plethora of information. Examples:

UPT (formerly RWS)

PD

How many folks would find this useful?
Arrive Safely

John