Rover

Lodi incident Sept 2016

Are there any updates regarding this incident? There were issues re training, invalid ratings - both the issuer and the issuees (sic) but I haven't seen any info recently. Can't see anything in the incidents forum as the thread is closed.
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

Not sure what more you are looking for. The thread is locked (no more posts allowed), but it's still there.

PeteS had a good analysis of the whole thing (post 150, page 6)

Uninflated drogue, due to the drogue bridle half-hitching around it.
Out of sequence deployment (should have simply pulled drogue release, pulled reserve instead).

Reserve entangled with drogue bridle.

End of story.

There was/is a whole lot of 'story' about the lack of proper training and how that came about. More about the 'instructor' with no ratings and the rated instructor who signed off on all the students.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Uninflated drogue, due to the drogue bridle half-hitching around it.
Out of sequence deployment (should have simply pulled drogue release, pulled reserve instead).

Reserve entangled with drogue bridle.

Thanks for your reply. I'm fully aware of the sequence of events. My question is more why the instructor in question made the decisions he did. Impossible to too answer but the fact that very shortly after the incident there was an issue with training of TI's raises a red flag. It is obvious that the TI did not follow his training. Why? Was there a language issue during training? I lived in Japan for 8 years and speak the language well - but there is no way I'd be able to go through my training in that language.
The thread you refer to was locked very shortly after the incident. Have there been any developments since?
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.