baronn

GoPro session for handcam

Is anyone using a Session for handcam? If so, how is it working? Funjump rigging has a nice setup for a Viso to be mounted in front. I need a replacement fo my Hero 3 and curious if anyone has experience with this setup
Thanks

baronn

Is anyone using a Session for handcam? If so, how is it working? Funjump rigging has a nice setup for a Viso to be mounted in front. I need a replacement fo my Hero 3 and curious if anyone has experience with this setup
Thanks

I found this http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4837040;search_string=gopro%20session%20handcam;#4837040
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Spent a small fortune for 2 Session 5's and the Vertical Stacking arrangement at Chutingstar.com Really nice snag free arrangement. Have the video on top and stills on the bottom. Have to hold the bottom button for 4 seconds to get it to do stills....

Sessions 5's are really sharp pictures.

That looks pretty nice. Looks like Chris redesigned the mount to raise the lower camera up further. Hard to tell side by side without both setups side by side, but it looks like the lens on the lower session is the same equivalent distance from your wrist as my Gopro 3+ pivot pad setup.

My 3+'s are still going strong, along with my original pivot pad, but this could be a future upgrade/tax write-off. :D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Thanks for the feedback! The story on why I needed to redesign those double Session housings: When GoPro initially released the Session back in 2015, they included two frames with each camera. One was a Low Profile, the other was Standard.

[inline frames.jpg]

For tandems I figured LP was the one to use. I could make a more snag-proof housing for that Frame. So I designed a side-by-side model.

[inline legacy_dubsess.jpg]

Then GoPro got a lot of backlash for the high initial Session prices, so they dropped the price and made up some of the difference by cutting out accessories. Originally the rectangular retail box came packed with accessories. One of the parts they stopped including was the LP Frame. You could still buy them from GoPro, but they were pricey. That meant my side-by-side model wasn't as cost effective any more, except for people who already had LP Frames.

In order to make a Session housing that could hold the camera without need for those Frames, I needed to change the manufacturing process. So the Lightweight Session housings were created. They're named that way because the newer method lets them be very strong without needing as much bulk material.

[inline LW_housings.jpg]

There are two versions because some had asked for a stacked model and others prefer the lower double wide style. Both of these versions have the cameras angled back a few degrees, which lets them be relatively low without catching the hand in the shot.