piisfish

Tandem jump historical... 1st jump was...

Nice.
I had seen that in a 1977 French book called "Le Parachute" by Jacque Borge and Nicolas Viasnoff.
The book has plenty of good early jump photos, including quite a few I hadn't seen in English language books. It certainly captures more of the European goings on, while still including the various North American pioneers.
Off in Europe you might have a better chance of getting a copy.

Edit: I see from the article that this was a direct bag jump, so to speak, with the canopy fastened initially under the aircraft. So tandem freefalls were still a later thing. The jumpers did go on to do some more two person jumps at air displays before WWII, so it wasn't a one time thing.

piisfish

The French one I mentioned was apparently the first from an airplane (not a balloon)

also seems to be the first planned/ international tandem, unlike the mentioned emergency situation
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

***The French one I mentioned was apparently the first from an airplane (not a balloon)

also seems to be the first planned/ international tandem, unlike the mentioned emergency situation

Yeah,, seems the article stated it was the first preplanned tandem.

"Le premier saut en parachute tandem effectué volontairement"