Rover

Passenger harness fit vs passenger throwing up.

I tighten it as you would a sport rig, then recheck just before boarding the airplane if it's been more than a few minutes.

If MLWs were adjustable on a sport rig, would anyone adjust it correctly on the ground, then just before exit shorten it? I think not.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

If MLWs were adjustable on a sport rig, would anyone adjust it correctly on the ground, then just before exit shorten it? I think not.

That is a very good point that you bring up. Thank you for that comparison. I am going to drive that point across when I train new tandem instructors.

The harness should be configured properly before boarding the plane. I don't like seeing TIs tighten them down while in the plane. Being an examiner I speak to them regularly. It is hard to change some people's routines but with proper education on how to fit a harness things do get better. UPT does have a video on properly fitting a student harness. All examiner's should have a copy of it.

DanglesOZQld

I would not say that I aggressively tighten the MLW'S before exit but they are quite firm and I DO adjust them when connecting passenger to self. I have had 6 people chuck in around 6000+ Tandems.........

I do the same (Strong) since the connectors tend to migrate from front to back when they sit.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher