baronn

When is UPT gonna get rid of those Shi**y.....

baronn

Is it me or do the snaps for the toggles and harnesses always come off and fall apart? Bill isdaMan and it seems a no brainer to put magnets on these and eliminate those pieces of crap. Bill? Mark?

One answer to your question: Buy Icarus mains and you'll forget about those snaps.

I was certain your sentence would end in "clunky L-bars on their reserves". Or maybe "noncascaded fat uncoated reserve lines that catch everything". Or "stitching they put through the AAD window that cuts right through the clear plastic over time". Or... "links on the adjustable harness that have sharp edges moulded into them". Or "disc covers that are so weak". Or "RSL tab that flaps against the 3-ring loop causing damage".

Sigma is still the best tandem system on the market IMO. I just pack and fix them often enough to be annoyed by some details :-)

I use Precision and Icarus mains. They dont eliminate the problem. Yeah thos other things are annoying but, I don't see as much of a ready solution as simply putting magnets in place of the snaps. It's not like they haven't already done something like this before.

baronn

I use Precision and Icarus mains. They dont eliminate the problem.

Unless your lines are different from ours, the brakes don't get stowed on those canopies, so the snaps shouldn't be used. We just push the toggle grommet up against the guide ring and tuck the toggle nose under the hood. If we were to snap them down then opening shock would yank on the snaps

parachutist

***I use Precision and Icarus mains. They dont eliminate the problem.

Unless your lines are different from ours, the brakes don't get stowed on those canopies, so the snaps shouldn't be used. We just push the toggle grommet up against the guide ring and tuck the toggle nose under the hood. If we were to snap them down then opening shock would yank on the snaps

That's exactly how we do it. A few years ago they revised the riser design and made it a lot easier to replace busted snaps. I'm constantly fixing the other items mentioned above. I wouldn't say it's about making stuff that breaks, just that any changes have a lot of red tape and testing before they make it into production.

-Michael

-Michael