kawisixer01

TI with helmet cam

So recently I had an advertising picture come across my FB feed from a drop zone showing a tandem landing, and the TI had a Gopro session on their helmet. I cannot fathom why any TI would take the unecessary risk of strapping a camera to their head for footage that really isn't going to show much. Is any other place doing this?

Chances are "dumbass" wore his GoPro on every other skydive and simply forgot to remove it before doing a tandem.
For the record, 90 of GoPro mounts scare me because they are too easy to snag suspension lines.
Remind me to buy a " Revolve" mount before next summer.
Oh!
Wait a minute, I have only ever jumped a GoPro when it was strapped to my hand .... and I am a narrow-minded, anal-retentive, fascist, control-freak about snag-proof hand-mounts.

A lot of the go pro mounts are also held on by adhesive and will rip off if snagged by a line. I had it happen to myself doing test jumps for a company in Florida. While disappointing that I lost a brand new go pro and footage of the test, the adhesive mount did exactly what it was supposed to do. Why this TI did it is beyond me but the poster above has a plausible explanation. I still wouldn't recommend it as a TIE.

skydiverek

The purpose sometimes is to record the 'beginner' cameraman to show him his flying skills, so that he can get better.

It is not his job to train camera flyers, who should not be doing camera unless they are competent. His sole mission is the safety of his rider. He did not minimize risk by jumping that camera.

He needs to give himself an uppercut.

Stupidity knows no bounds.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I Used a camera helmet to film different airplane exits, Cessna 182, Caravan, otter, King Air, I was putting together a video to use as a teaching aid for candidates learning to do tandems. When I got my rating I learned out of one plane. Then I went on to do my next few to get my rating and ended up jumping several planes that I had no idea how to exit. After I became a TI examiner I thought a video the candidates could watch and take a copy home with them would be helpful. It also showed where the camera man would be in different situations on exit etc.
If your not here you can't jump