denaga

Low Pulls

I think there shouldn't be a legal limit as by what altitude your main must be deployed
I really hate it when i get in shit for low pulls !!!
In canada it's 2200', but I think it's a person's judgment when to pull.
And SECOND, I don not agree with some DZ's policy that makes AAD mandatory, it's also should be just a person's choice

Are you just trying to stir up controversy or do you really believe all that?
I actually don't think there is any LAW that sets deployment altitude, just USPA guidelines, BSRs and common sense.
But its really bad for the sport when people bounce due to their own stupidity, and that's why people comment when you pull low. (and maybe they care about your safety, too.)
And is it my imagination, or are a lot of the people who argue most vehemently against AADs low pull artists?

Yeah, and have you ever seen someone pack a base canopy? You think packing is tough, you should see that. There is like 40 steps(just guessing), plus you use clamps and stuff like that. Its like packing a reserve everytime you use it.
Safe landings,
Alex D-23912

Technically when you jump BASE you are jumping with a reserve and not bothering with the main

True. Pardon my cluelessness here, but is there any reason why you couldn't go to something like Bridge day with your regular skydiving rig and just pull your reserve instead of your main?
Obviously you'll have to spring for a reserve repack, but I would think a reserve would open plenty fast.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Its only cheaper if you dont get caught...if you get caught on NPS land they can give you fines of $2000 and loss of gear. If you get busted other places you can have lawyer fees and jail time...Hank was looking at 6 months for that reckless endangerment stunt in Colorado. I think that guy that jumped of the St. Louis Arch got time too.
"I'll jump anything!"