wmscott

Fake Student Ripcord?

Hey good sir

***Not one of you were EVER asked for your mother fucking advice. Not once. But nooooooo, you just can't help yourselves. You have to open up your cock suckers and give all this shit advice that has NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread! What the fuck is wrong with you guys?? I didn't ask "Hey sky gods, where should I go and who should I ask to find out what happened on my jump?" Nope. Didn't ask that.

I beg to differ on that one as you did ask.

My question is.....should it have opened the container?? Did I have a malfunction? Or are there Tandem rigs that have "dummy" handles?

To answer your original question. No the handles are not dummy handles. Pulling them should open the parachute under certain conditions.

You clearly are asking if you had a malfunction. If we would have all answered NO you would dispute that, If we all answered YES you would have disputed that to. So lets get this clear - you came here and asked for opinion/advice and provided very little factual information. (More like you thoughts on what happened which in first timers are often far from reality). Based upon the experiences of a lot of people on here we have attempted to provide answers to what/ifs but this doesn't answer the question that you had asked "did I have a malfunction".

How much time did you waste searching youtube videos, manufacturers websites etc. to dispute facts. More than it takes to dial the dropzone ....

The only person who could possibly answer that was your instructor. A 5 minute phone call would answer that and allow you to ask any more follow on questions to a person who was there and is qualified. This was something that would provide a definitive answer to all your questions on what happened but that wasn't good enough for you and you have failed to do that one action.

Then as that is not to your pleasing you have disputed information that is provided. Maybe it makes you feel better to dispute information with your 1 jump as against people providing the information with 1000's of jumps. People that were genuinely trying to provided you with some information that may be able to assist you in an finding an answer.

But obviously your icing on the cake is the last post which has degenerated down in into a verbal tirade and then want all traces of the discussion removed. Grow up big boy, I don't give a f**k if you get an answer to you question. The only person who does is you. You have been given all the information you need to get an answer all you have to do is follow through if it means that much to you.

*** I'm one of the few concise intelligent posters that you have on here. And definitely one of the few that understand the value and answering a question directly instead of giving UNSOLICITED advice.

A lot of us here do know the value of answering questions. The advice given was solicited by the fact that YOU (yes you) came here and asked the question to a group of complete strangers rather than directly asking the one person who could give you a definitive answer. Genius.... Delusional though.

I will change a previous comment, please don't bother coming back and giving us an update after talking to the DZ/instructor. As quite frankly we don't care.

Good day sir....

.....crap, I'm still here. Are there no moderators on this forum??

You were asked for technical information as to the operation of equipment. But you missed that and mistook it for something else.

While I am waiting for the moderator to delete my account and posts, I might as well continue the train wreck for you. This seems to be the real interest on this forum. You even have a section for it. I assume that is what a "sticky" is.

I am not arguing with you, I am clearly explaining to you why you are wrong.

Let's pretend this was a forum for........oh say.....the automotive industry. And it covers all the basic sections such as learning to drive, transmission, engine, body, interior, electrical etc....

....and a new student went to the section on "engine" and asked a TECHNICAL question as to the operation and function of an internal combustion engine. Let's just pick one for this fun example. Uh....how about "does the engine have a direct connection from the foot lever to the engine or is it fake" And let's also add in the question or statement that "I pushed and pushed on it and nothing happened"

Please pay attention now, as I will explain how you all fail so miserably. Here are examples of the content of the answers you would post.

"You are a student driver, why are you worried about the gas pedal"
"Did you do as you were told by your instructor"
"Was the car running"
"Are you sure your foot was on the pedal?" "Many students get this wrong"
"Foot pedals are real, they are called Gas Pedals". (Ding, ding, ding, ding WE HAVE A WINNER! A direct answer to the question! Let's continue)
"Are you sure you were pressing on the gas pedal?"
"Did you ask your driving instructor"
"Maybe you should take it to a mechanic"
(insert various posts about being a skydiver playing a prank and various "troll" insults. Then make sure to deleted those posts later so no one else can read them. Leaving just back to back questions from the original poster)
"Gas pedals have a direct linkage to the carburetor"

This is were it get's fun. Original poster asks questions to qualify that answer. Posts video that shows addition clarifying information on that one statement.

"You need to leave"
"Stop going on the internet and trying to prove us wrong"
"Asking too many questions will bore us and annoy us"
"You asked where you need to take the car to find out what happened" "The instructor is the only one that knows" "You need to take another driving lesson"
"Please don't correct us and don't come back"
yada yada yada yada yada

There....wasn't that fun? Do you understand now where you went wrong?? And still trying to argue that YOU DID answer the question correctly? Go back through this thread and remove every post that has in it statements like the ones posted above. Then you will get it.

Now were is the moderator on this forum?? Do you even have one? Who maintains order on here?

Oh wait....never mind on that one.....

Thank you Jerry.

An email has been sent. Thank you for the suggestion.

On a humorous note.... when you click on the "Contact" link, it recommends checking the FAQ section. In the FAQ section there is a question "Can I delete my account". The reply is:

Can I delete my username

No. You can not delete a username at this time. If you registered another name then simply continue to use the new account. Old dormant accounts may be purged.

LMAO! Would you expect anything less from a site like this?? haha

I have asked politely. I have insulted posters and used profanity. (Clearly this SHOULD have been a violation of forum rules and reason for instant deletion) And now I have emailed the website.

Who is this "Gregspo" you speak of? Just in case I need suggestions.....

+1. Can't remember the last time I saw, read or experienced such a lack or maturity from a supposed adult. Please moderators, do your job and delete him, bar him, and prevent him from diminishing the intelligence of this site for all time.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures