stayhigh

Re: [wrightskyguy] canopy collision at Pacific

..... Of course being such a old school tandem instructor or UPT trained instructor, you'll never see that possibility. .....

I've never been to the dz where they use anything besides Vector reserve. I would hate to use Precision reserve. Even their tandem main sucked ass. I would never even want to find out how Precision Tandem reserve fly. Are they like oversized Ravens?

Holy hypocrite!
Mr. stayhigh,

You start out by accusing old TIs of being narrow-minded and then you brag about how narrow-minded you are about canopies.
Please limit your arrogance to subjects that you understand.

Some of your readers have jumped: Parachutes de France Galaxy 400; Icarus 330, 360; Jump Shack Thunderbolt 396, 400, 500; PD 360, 421; Pioneer Hi-Lifter 370; Strong 366, 400, 425, 520, etc.
Some of your readers have packed reserve canopies made by: Jump Shack, Next, PD, Pioneer, Precision, Strong, etc.

Again, I will respect your opinions more after you complete your profile.

stayhigh

How did you have terminal reserve opening?

Only way to have that is to have your reserve closing loop to break.

.................................................................................

Breaking a closing loop is only one of many ways to open reserves.
You can also open a reserve by: wiggling pins loose inside airplane, jamming pins in door frame, trapping reserve ripcord between your biceps and your pectoral muscle, scaring AAD, TI pulling reserve ripcord, student pulling reserve ripcord, RSL pulling reserve ripcord during a cutaway, stupid student pulling your RSL, instructor pulling RSL, etc.

Again, please limit your bragging to subjects that you understand.

Again, I will respect your opinions more after you complete your profile.

6000 jumps in 32 years is pretty weak sauce.
I've done that in less than 10 years.

But yeah, you are still jumping and I've quit skydiving so more power to ya bro.

Don't get so eggy and shit dude, I'm just going off on dorkzone.com just like I used to when I first started off jumping.

I can freely talk about my experience and how I feel because it really doesn't matter anymore.

My ti rating is gone, my uspa membership is done. All I got left is talking shit on dorkzone.com.

Was I trolling well enough?

So again, how did you have terminal reserve opening?
That was my only fear about going terminal, but once you go over 10-15 seconds you are beyond committed so at that point I was thinking "what the hell, I've reached my terminal anyways, might as well go further."
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

again, my question still remains. How did you have a tandem terminal reserve opening?

That was my biggest fear.

I've seen un-inflated drogue in tow after going terminal. The tandem pair opened up normal, except the d-bag really slowly snaked out of ti's back.

***6000 jumps in 32 years is pretty weak sauce.
I've done that in less than 10 years.

But yeah, you are still jumping and I've quit skydiving so more power to ya bro.

...................................................................................

More incorrect assumptions Mr. stayhigh,

I am sitting out this summer because of knee surgery.
I started jumping back when round parachutes were fashionable.
I did my first jump in October shortly before the first snowstorm of the year.
I worked in parachute factories for a few years.
I spent a lot of sunny weekend afternoons repacking some-one else's reserve so they could get back in the air.
I lectured at several Parachute Industry Symposia.
I wrote a few reserve manuals.
I trained a few dozen riggers.
I trained a dozen or so TIs.
I trained hundreds of IAD and S/L students.
I graduated from a couple of military jump schools.

I've seen un-inflated drogue in tow after going terminal. The tandem pair opened up normal, except the d-bag really slowly snaked out of ti's back.

I tried jumping a drogue that never inflated (experimental packing method).
I immediately noticed that we were not decelerating, so I mentally reviewed the manual ... "Strong says to pull the drogue release"
I pulled the drogue release above normal opening altitude and before we reached tandem terminal.
Main opened HARD because we were going so fast.
After that I became a really NAZI about packing drogues according to the manual.

However I truly believe that if Ti can fly all axis with the passenger, I believe that they will never get into side spin.

I truly believe that doing 180 or 270 is safe when done by competent ti, that includes every single ti that made over 2000 jumps at Hawaii. Because that's what they do. In fact they suck ass when they have to come in straight in, since they don't do that at all.

I truly believe that Precision tandem canopy sucks ass compare to Sigma 340.

I was bullshiting and trolling about extended drogue-less tandem jumps, just to get on someone's nerve.

I still think that 6000 jumps in 30 year is weak sauce. Some ti now days do 2000 in a year. So therefore I'm weak sauce as well. It took me almost 10 years to get to 6000, that's only 600 jumps a year, which is nothing.

Truth is no matter what people say over dorkzone.com. Dorkzone is still dorkzone. 95% of real skydivers that actually skydives all day long are not here reading this shit, and they will continue to do what they believe it is safe for themselves.

... I was bullshiting and trolling about extended drogue-less tandem jumps, just to get on someone's nerve. ...

...................................................................................

You succeeded.
Sadly, your (sarcastic) sense of humour does not transmit well over the internet.
We fear that some junior TI will follow your (sarcastic advice) and hook turn himself into the hospital.
The only thing worse would be for a lawyer to quote your sarcastic humour in a courtroom.

Warning, picking arguments will get you banned from other forums.

stayhigh

Truth is no matter what people say over dorkzone.com. Dorkzone is still dorkzone. 95% of real skydivers that actually skydives all day long are not here reading this shit, and they will continue to do what they believe it is safe for themselves.

Like you???
Just words from a starter, however i will not be telling anyone what to do.., but isn't it for people like you that it is Dorkzone?
If you won't listen to others, why keep asking questions?
Why asking for "APT and USPA rules if you know everything better??

Why is this discussion still going on, as you will never listen to nobody accept the ones who think you are right?

Man...

riggerrob

... I was bullshiting and trolling about extended drogue-less tandem jumps, just to get on someone's nerve. ...

You succeeded.
Sadly, your (sarcastic) sense of humour does not transmit well over the internet.
We fear that some junior TI will follow your (sarcastic advice) and hook turn himself into the hospital.
The only thing worse would be for a lawyer to quote your sarcastic humour in a courtroom.

Warning, picking arguments will get you banned from other forums.

I think he needs to get a life.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

But I'm right about the tandem canopy flying.

You go and jump at Hawaii for solid two month. You do your straight in approach and see what happens. While you are going to get thumped time to time, all the other ti that are doing 180 and 270s are standing their student up.

When there is south wind blowing over Dillingham airfield, it is almost impossible to land softly using straight in approach. Believe me dude.

The video shows atypical direction of landing, 85% of the time the wind blows from NE, ENE over there. Now these guys are all landing towards west, indicating that something is off. Whenever wind blows from south or SW the wind wraps around the tip of the island and over the mountain range and it becomes really bumpy, you think summer time at Perris and Eloy is bad? Go there when wind blows from SW. They stop when the wind blow over 10 mph from south. They all want to make money and they all sit at home watching perfectly blue sky on that type of day.

Go jump there for a month and see how your straight in approach does to you and your passenger.

That's why all these ti at Hawaii have a ego like no one else. Because they are the survivor of the fittest. Every season new instructors come out to replace those who leave the island. There is a saying, either you make it or you go home. I've seen many who refuses to hook or they simply suck at hooking it and they end up going back to main land, because the condition is too dangerous.

Everything is extreme at Hawaii, from normal skydiving to surfing, speedflying, base jumping. Basically no kooks are allowed at both dz. Because they simply won't survive. Nature weeds out the weak.

This is how good they are as much as I hate this dude for being so cocky, two years that I was there I've personally seen him NOT land on his feet less than 5 times. You have to respect that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0szKCKCGLE

Again, I've got 86'ed from only one dz and that is not Hawaii nor Pacific.

Now you are trolling and slandering.

4000 jumps in 30 years, you are worse than the other guy, who has done 6000.

Whatever, at the end I win no matter what, you guys are old. I'm still way younger than you, and gets to fuck 21 year olds. I've done my jumps, I've walked away when it was time, and I get to surf everyday in my life. Yeah, you can have your dorkzone.com. I win.

You go and jump at Hawaii for solid two month. You do your straight in approach and see what happens. While you are going to get thumped time to time, all the other ti that are doing 180 and 270s are standing their student up.
.......................................................................................

More than a decade ago, we debated this subject on a solo canopy forum and agreed that if straight in approaches do not produce consistent soft landings, you are jumping the wrong canopy.
IOW If you NEED to hook turn a canopy, you bought the wrong canopy.

JohnnyMarko

***How about a stand up 90 then?
:D

Keep in mind, this landing is IMPOSSIBLE to perform in Hawaii.
This is a MIRACLE jump!!!!
:D:D:D

Bro, do you even have 5000 tandems?!

:D maybe not but I once saw Normiss stand up a tandem landing with a straight in approach :o but this was in Florida not Hawaii :(
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

******How about a stand up 90 then?
:D

Keep in mind, this landing is IMPOSSIBLE to perform in Hawaii.
This is a MIRACLE jump!!!!
:D:D:D

Bro, do you even have 5000 tandems?!

:D maybe not but I once saw Normiss stand up a tandem landing with a straight in approach :o but this was in Florida not Hawaii :(

1200 jumps in 14 years? Wow, how does it feel to be lame?

Of course Mark did a standup in Florida, ITS FLORIDA!!!

We only whip 270's here in Hawaii, uber mahalo