jf951

George H W Bush goes skydiving, but damn, talk about being hot on the drogue!

I am a big (240 lbs) guy as well. I have no problems what so ever landing the Set 366(or sigma 340, Icarus 330) with any passenger, be it a 20 year old 90lb girl or 220 lb 80 year old guy. That is assuming that they are in good enough shape to get their legs up.

I have landed the 425 reserve and it flies just fine, if you know how to fly a F-111 canopy. I do prefer the ZP canopies for tandems though.

I think the biggest problem with their landing was the fact that Bush really couldn't get his legs up and that they landed downwind! The downwinder being the bigger problem with that particular passenger.

I did a bunch of jumps on Pioneer Hi-Lifter 370s and PD-360s back when they were fashionable as mains. Many of those jumps were with well-nourished Bavarians. Back then I weighed closer to 180 pounds.
Openings were the worst part.
Flare? .. not spectacular.

flyhi

Tandem throw not quite on the step.

Note the helicopter blades. Not a lot of coning going on there. Plenty of power left. Good choice.

The entire jump looks like a cluster fuck to me! Exit at or below accepted norms. A passenger who is really not in a fit physical state. Downwind landing. No good choices here!
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.