iwasinkheson68

Everest tandem gear

Hi

We are using TP-400 and Sigma II -370 tandem mains in the Himalaya. To date tandem landings have been limited to 12.350ft MSL. As we go to the higher DZs, 15,000ft, 16,900ft and 17192ft MSL, those have been sport (solo) landings so far.

We have an excellent drop zone at 15,000ft, but due to the weather complexities and size of the dz up there, we need next to perfect conditions for tandem landings at 15k. Each year we plan it, but always exercise patience. For example last year the wind conditions were perfect, but we had a fresh snow cover to contend with so we could not identify the ruts and rocks in the grounds visually, so we called off the jump.

Hope that info helps.
Namaste,
Tom Noonan

www.everest-skydive.com

TomNoonan

Hi

We are using TP-400 and Sigma II -370 tandem mains in the Himalaya. To date tandem landings have been limited to 12.350ft MSL. As we go to the higher DZs, 15,000ft, 16,900ft and 17192ft MSL, those have been sport (solo) landings so far.

We have an excellent drop zone at 15,000ft, but due to the weather complexities and size of the dz up there, we need next to perfect conditions for tandem landings at 15k. Each year we plan it, but always exercise patience. For example last year the wind conditions were perfect, but we had a fresh snow cover to contend with so we could not identify the ruts and rocks in the grounds visually, so we called off the jump.

Hope that info helps.

Tom, I have done a few O2 jumps do you mind discussing the O2 systems you are using?
Propblast

Hi Propblast,

We are using a constant flow system that was originally developed for climbers that are using it to summit Mount Everest. The 02 developer/technician worked with our team over a three year period to develop the current version that we are using.

Some of the earlier systems that we used were more bulky and rigid, this new system allows for a greater range of motion and more efficient use of size and equipment weight.

Hope that helps! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] and if your in the Deland area, you are welcome to come by and I can walk you through the system in person with the units that I have here.
Namaste,
Tom Noonan

www.everest-skydive.com