Wharewaka

No legs/ Tandem

Jay Stokes para-pants worked pretty good for us for the one guy that had one leg and absolutely no stump for the other leg. They might be a start.

But I would think you need some stump as a minimum or build a new saddle/sling that attaches the the harness somehow.

My understanding is Todd Love's harness was designed for "no legs" tandem. I believe this harness was also used for Joseph Grbianowski's tandem jumps. Both are A licensed (or close) jumpers jumping at Skydive AZ. Axis flight school should be able to give you all the details.

Contact Mark Procos at UPT or Jay Stokes. They will know who has it and have contact info. There is a Sigma Harness that has been modified to be like a sack that has worked really well for someone as you described. No legs or stumps to attach the harness.

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

Depends whether he has no legs or medium-length stumps.
If he has medium-length stumps (half femur) then production tandem student harnesses will work well. Just remember to tighten the Y-strap before you board the plane.

A few years ago, I did an tandem jump with a student who had multiple birth defects including only half a femur on his left leg. By the time I had tightened all the straps, there was insignificant risk of him falling out of the harness.

Early in my tandem career I took a terminally ill student who had lost all but the tiniest of stumps on one side and had a very fragile leg on the other that would soon be amputated. This was before release of the sigma harness. I did a bit of jury rigging to feel comfortable that his stump couldn't pop out but overall it was pretty cheesy. If I had to do it over, I'd want a sigma harness with a papoose sack like addition below the belly/back bands.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)