DougH

Instructor Helmets - what are you using and why?

JohnMitchell

Still using an open face but thinking of getting a G3 for all the reasons stated above by others.

I did pick up a G3 and have been using it exclusively ever since. Fun jumps, free fly, AFF and tandems; I enjoy it for everything. Takes just a second to open or close the face shield, easy to talk to the student on jump run and under canopy. :)

I also love my G3! I use it for everything, aff, tandem, fun jumps. I attached some pictures - at one point I had the additional velcro-piece in the bottom part of the helmet (nice in the winter as less cold air gets in) but I took it out for the summer and it really made a difference of how much "face" my students can see. The only thing I don't like is if i'm RIGHT at the door about to exit and I close my shield, if I need to say something after that I usually don't have the hand abilities to lift it back up.

Open face when it's warm, full face when it's cold. Would rather have something more open than my Z1 but it's what I have. I would also prefer hearing protection for the full ride but there's no way to pull something out so I can communicate during the canopy ride. Some people here talked about a hole to pull plugs through, I'll look into that.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher