swoopfly

Another class 3 med question.

ChrisD

All you do dude is to get yo yurself banned.

I am sorry you feel you have to do whatever it is your doing, but I don't have to do or prove anything to you. :)C

Mods... Is there a way we can tag this guy so new people will not listen to his dangerous 'advice'?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron

***All you do dude is to get yo yurself banned.

I am sorry you feel you have to do whatever it is your doing, but I don't have to do or prove anything to you. :)C

Mods... Is there a way we can tag this guy so new people will not listen to his dangerous 'advice'?

If you want to take the time to comment on any supposed dangerous advice you have the means and ample opportunity to do so. I doubt that you will be able to support your last comment. Your attempts to enforce your personal views by stifling and controlling free speech have not gone unnoticed. As I view your constant attacks upon the USPA seems to be your major theme it is no wonder that when someone comes along and asks you to support your criticisms with some sort of constructive activism it is no wonder you resort to a personal attack to enforce your opinions.

We have the medical requirement for a reason. Because it was and is needed. Until something better comes along and those individuals with a better idea, one that can be implemented, you have to live with the fact that the USPA doesn't see the world as you do. And as I see it the USPA is a mouthpiece for the manufacturers because just as in this example of the medical requirement, they have a vested interest in the future of skydiving, quite frankly I have a real concern that you are not interested in the future of skydiving?
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2014/January/09/faa-apologizes-for-delay-on-medical-petition.aspx?WT.mc_sect=adv&WT.mc_id=140110epilot

FAA apologizes for delay on medical petition
Says agency must carefully consider 'measured risks'

January 9, 2014

By Elizabeth A Tennyson

FAA apologizes for delay in responding to the AOPA-EAA third-class medical petition.Administrator Michael Huerta has formally responded to an AOPA request for an update on the status of the association’s third-class medical petition, but it remains unclear when the agency will make a final decision.

In the Dec. 26 letter, Huerta apologized for the delay in taking action on the petition, saying it was important to “ensure that such an unprecedented change will not result in any adverse impact that could lead to degradation in safety.”

The administrator also acknowledged the importance of the issue to pilots, referring to the more than 16,000 comments submitted on the petition.

The letter was sent following a meeting with AOPA President Mark Baker that included discussion of the third-class medical issue.

“We appreciate the administrator’s willingness to discuss this issue and the FAA’s concern for safety—that’s always our highest priority,” said Baker. “But we do feel pilots have waited long enough for an answer, so we will keep vigorously pursuing both our petition and legislative options to expand the use of the driver’s license medical standard.”

It has been almost two years since AOPA and EAA submitted a joint petition that would expand the use of the driver’s license medical standard. In the face of FAA inaction and strong interest from the pilot community, Congress has recently taken matters into its own hands.

On Dec. 11, 2013, Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.), a member of the House General Aviation Caucus, and GA Caucus Co-Chair Sam Graves (R-Mo.) introduced the General Aviation Pilot Protection Act. By the time Congress returned to work following the Christmas holiday, the measure had attracted 16 co-sponsors.

The legislation would allow pilots to use the driver’s license medical standard for noncommercial VFR flights in aircraft weighing up to 6,000 pounds with no more than six seats. That includes virtually all single-engine airplanes with six or fewer seats as well as some twins. Pilots would be allowed to carry up to five passengers, fly at altitudes below 14,000 feet msl, and fly no faster than 250 knots. The act also would require the FAA to report on the safety consequences of the new rule after five years.

To help gather the momentum needed to pass the General Aviation Pilot Protection Act, AOPA will be calling on members to show their support. Look for details about how you can help in upcoming issues of ePilot and on AOPA.org.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

oozzee

how long is a class 3 medical valid for,,I cant find any answer at uspa..

There is no reason for it to be in any USPA documentation. It is an FAA medical not a USPA medical.

Search Google for "faa class iii medical duration".