TheCaptain

stacked dual gopro handycam setup

parachutist

Depends on the camera model (Hero/Hero2/Hero3), the model of housing you're using, and personal preference. I like video on top for my setup

Chris

I saw your glove/housing at Chuting Star in Deland last week. Not bad, but I thought it might be a big snaggy at the glove/housing juncture.

Chuck

I saw your glove/housing at Chuting Star in Deland last week. Not bad, but I thought it might be a big snaggy at the glove/housing juncture.

Chuck

I'll post some pictures later & maybe you can point out the area you're indicating. I designed that joint to avoid snags, so I'd like to know what you're seeing.

Chris

Here's the design and some explanations of thoughts that went into it:

[inline 01.jpg]

[inline 02.jpg]

[inline 02b.jpg]

[inline 03.jpg]

[inline 04.jpg]

[inline 05.jpg]

Here at my DZ local instructors have about 2,500 jumps collectively on this design, with no snags reported as of yet. I honestly think one would need to try hard to snag something and make it stick

Chris

Yep, that's the one I looked at. The arrows in your pics do a lot, actually, to explain-away my concerns. It's a very slick setup. I only wish this format had been around a few years ago when I was jumping PC-109 tape camera handycam in Hawaii.... It positively fascinates me how much lighter these new double (video/still) setups are than my old glove setup! It I were ever forced back into that type of work jumping, this would be a top choice for purchase. Good work putting that thing together.

Chuck