Pinky2

Tandem Master Course video

Hi there

Can anyone post me like during AFF a video of a Tandem Instructor Training course? Maybe you got your own and can post it? I am very willing to see one and have been looking for videos a lot, in vain!![:/]

Cheers

Pinky2

Do you mean videos of the training jumps that are done to gain Tandem Instructor proficiency?

At least for Strong Dual Hawk certification I was told that those jumps cannot be videoed, but I'm not sure about other manufacturers, however I doubt they can be filmed either.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

We don't need youtube tandem course videos.

When you are ready to be a TM you can take an tandem instructor certification course. Depending on the manufacturer rating your getting you get a nice shiny course packet, with video, forms, training manual... all types of sick stuff.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

yes I am looking for Tandem Master Training Videos where ideally the goal of each level is briefly explained.

Especially am I interested in comments of you guys remembering your first Tandem Jump during your training.

Thanks

;)

Because general knowledge can never be wrong and I am probably one of the most well informed guys interested in skydiving in general who is far away from the A licence. But why not?

I belong to those that think about the sport profoundly and not consider a full AFF course with no experience at all.

It's just curiousity, that's it! So, can you help me out?

With 5 jumps why do you even have this interest?

I kinda got the idea that he was going to be taking a course that includes doing tandems as training jumps and thinks this is standardized stuff with videos that explain the goals of each jump (level)
Owned by Remi #?

labrys

With 5 jumps why do you even have this interest?

I kinda got the idea that he was going to be taking a course that includes doing tandems as training jumps and thinks this is standardized stuff with videos that explain the goals of each jump (level)

Possibly, maybe something is getting lost in translation.

Either way there is such a thing as too much information.

I would rather my TAFF students doing tandem progression jumps not come to me with their heads stuffed full of 100 dizzy.com posts, and several hours of tandem youtube videos.

If we are talking about student progression jumps then each jump will be explained, and rehearsed with the instructor.

Call me wrong, but I think you focus on your specific jumps objectives and skills better if you aren't already all filled up with preconceived notions because of stuff you self taught.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

Call me wrong, but I think you focus on your specific jumps objectives and skills better if you aren't already all filled up with preconceived notions because of stuff you self taught.

I imagine that in some cases this might happen. I know that with my own progression.. because it has been so slow with so many setbacks, I have been learning as much as I can on my own. That said... I am prepared to throw it all away if any of it contradicts what my instructors are teaching me. In other words... I am getting a decent foundational understanding of the sport by linking up the ideas that are held most common... most agreed upon. When I go meet my instructor, though, I go there with a mind that is ready to listen and learn.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?