DougH

Bootie Pants?

skydived19006

I personally wouldn't want booties on a tandem suit. I do like bulky bloused legs with velcro tie at the ankle. Gives good control.

Why not?

At the end of the day they give you the most surface area and power to the legs. That is why competitive RW moved towards almost complete adoption of booties.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't think they are a necessity, and I don't see tall leggy TI's thinking they are worth the hassle.

But as a short & stubby TI I certainly appreciate the extra power they give to me.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

***I personally wouldn't want booties on a tandem suit. I do like bulky bloused legs with velcro tie at the ankle. Gives good control.

Why not?

At the end of the day they give you the most surface area and power to the legs. That is why competitive RW moved towards almost complete adoption of booties.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't think they are a necessity, and I don't see tall leggy TI's thinking they are worth the hassle.

But as a short & stubby TI I certainly appreciate the extra power they give to me.

I just don't like the hassle of booties. I put on the pants and wear them all day, so booties would be constantly in the way. Additionally as you suggest, I'm tall so have plenty of control. Though I will very seldom jump in a short sleeve shirt, the drag long sleeves supply beyond bare arms is large.

The pants I've been jumping for the last 1000 jumps or so are Fire Fly. They're free fly pants with cordura knees and butt. I've added patches over the butt and knees (expected), other than being faded, they're holding up excellent.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Gotcha! That makes sense.

Right now I wear my RW suit for most of the whole day. After opening and some video and housekeeping I just take the booties off.

On the ground I roll them up to my shins, and tie the arms around my waist.

Not having the arms to tie around my waist, and take off and put on would add a huge amount of comfort. I am not worried about the booties, they roll up and out of the way.

Given the lead time to make a set of these I am going to be stuck in my hot RW suit, or my hotter double layer winter suit for a while! B|:ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I"m a HUGE fan of doing tandems in booty suits, but have gotten out of the habit over the last year and a half just because it's so damn hot where I live now (AZ and TX before that). Tony will make you some booty pants with EXTREMELY durable leather knees and butt if you ask.

Chuck