DougH

Bootie Pants?

Love flying with booties with tandems, probably because I am stubby circus midget, but I have been sweating my ass off for far too long with my Tony Comp Suit.

Ideally I would like to end up with a pair of pants that have a good set of booties on them. Long wearing with codura booties, knees, and seat. I think padded knees would take the cake (182 use) but that may be added a little too much to my wish list.

I seem to remember at TM on here whose wife made a set of pants like this, but I can't find the post with the search function.

So does anyone have a pair of these from a certain jumpsuit manufacturer, or bad ass seamstress, that they like?

Blues!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

wildfan75

http://www.skimmersuits.com/The-suits.html

I own three Skimmer Suits. Made to last, if you take care of them. As long as Skimmer is making attire, you'll be hard pressed to find me in someone else's suit. Customer service is top notch too!

Tandem masters mostly have bought the bootie pants with very positive feedback.
Seems to also be a decent idea to match up with a camera jacket (especially for tandem video).

For that matter, I'm a fan of booties on camera suits anyway - nice to have the extra power in the legs to offset the wings.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yes, I have booties on my Tony Suit Camera Suit. Big fat vented mega booties. I love them.

I tend to shoot more flat formations, and I am not much of a freeflyer, so I like the booties. :)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

Yes, I have booties on my Tony Suit Camera Suit. Big fat vented mega booties. I love them.

I tend to shoot more flat formations, and I am not much of a freeflyer, so I like the booties. :)

I find the need for a lot of leg surface area to work with to be essential on any flat video.

In this case, bootie pants are a great tool to have. Obviously, my wife (Skimmer) makes them, but I'm sure whereever you pick up a pair, you'll like them - all these vendors on this thread are good builders. Blues.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sorry to intrude... still learning a lot at the moment... what is meant by booty pants? I mean, I like a bit of booty as much as the next person, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing...
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

NorrinRadd

Sorry to intrude... still learning a lot at the moment... what is meant by booty pants? I mean, I like a bit of booty as much as the next person, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing...

Disregard this.. I found it out. The things that fit over the tips of your shoes, presumably making your legs a little more streamlined.

NorrinRadd

***Sorry to intrude... still learning a lot at the moment... what is meant by booty pants? I mean, I like a bit of booty as much as the next person, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing...

Disregard this.. I found it out. The things that fit over the tips of your shoes, presumably making your legs a little more streamlined.

Though this is off-topic, I'll note briefly that the point of booties is in fact just the opposite -- they give you more surface area, which means more power in your legs.

evan85

******Sorry to intrude... still learning a lot at the moment... what is meant by booty pants? I mean, I like a bit of booty as much as the next person, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing...

Though this is off-topic, I'll note briefly that the point of booties is in fact just the opposite -- they give you more surface area, which means more power in your legs.

thanks -
seriously MORE POWER

NorrinR - Imagine a sail boat with no sail up and just a mast with a hankie at the tip. Now imagine a sail boat with the sail up out and firmly gathering the wind......

rehmwa

*********Sorry to intrude... still learning a lot at the moment... what is meant by booty pants? I mean, I like a bit of booty as much as the next person, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing...

thanks -
seriously MORE POWER

NorrinR - Imagine a sail boat with no sail up and just a mast with a hankie at the tip. Now imagine a sail boat with the sail up out and firmly gathering the wind......
Ahh ok that makes sense.. thanks to both of you! :)

NorrinRadd

Ahh ok that makes sense.. thanks to both of you! :)

some of the happiest faces I ever see is right after someone gets their new bootie suit for the first time and they come down after their first jump with them (I'll spend a few seconds and give a bit of coaching to these people and something to try on the first few jumps)

some of the most shocked faces, too, sometimes. It's a VERY dramatic change for some of the more timid skydivers....:D

rehmwa

Tandem masters mostly have bought the bootie pants with very positive feedback.
Seems to also be a decent idea to match up with a camera jacket (especially for tandem video).

Works for me! Unfortunately, I have no idea who made my bootie trousers as they were made by someone in Europe for someone who they didn't fit and passed to someone else who they didn't fit who passed them to me, and they don't have a label in them. And they are starting to show their age so will need replacing soon.

The jacket is a TonySuit C-Wing. I wouldn't say they exactly match though :P
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

You have grippers on them (not much need for tandem/video work). So, likely they are a reclaim from an old jumpsuit. (grippers do add a bit more drag, so it's still functional). But I wouldn't let a vendor charge you for that feature on your next purchase unless you want to use them turning points too....:D

sweet - I'm a bit obsessive for RW to do that. But your setup sounds GREAT. Especially for someone that has to likely switch up a lot during the day to keep up with work and fun

.....if their was a quick and easy way to tack the bootie portion up inside, you could even Freefly in them...

rehmwa

You have grippers on them (not much need for tandem/video work). So, likely they are a reclaim from an old jumpsuit.

They were originally made for a well known European FS load organiser, who works the hot, summer boogies, hence the grips.

(grippers do add a bit more drag, so it's still functional).

;)

But I wouldn't let a vendor charge you for that feature on your next purchase unless you want to use them turning points too....:D

I'm ahead of the game for when tandem RW comes back into fashion :P
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I personally wouldn't want booties on a tandem suit. I do like bulky bloused legs with velcro tie at the ankle. Gives good control.

I'm a little surprised that I don't see any of the manufacturers listing pants specifically designed for tandem instructors. Though they really are freefly pants with butt and knee reinforcement.

Tony's Cargo Pants look like a good option, study built, nice pocket/s, reinforcement options, etc.

http://www.tonysuits.com/jumpsuits/cargo.php4
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ