normiss

FAA Medicals?

Anybody else discover the new system yet?
FAA MedXPress?

The took an inventory of my tattoos!!!
:|

Better not miss a single doctor visit, felony convictions, misdemeanor convictions....sheesh. I'm gonna have to start keeping better records. Apparently they can charge us with a federal felony if we mess up the paperwork.
"What are you in for?"
I answered #23 wrong!!!

:D

And there we were sitting on the group W bench playing with the pencils and papers, I mean sitting there with master riggers, packers and all kinds mean nasty skygods and what not.... when they said.... KID
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

And there we were sitting on the group W bench playing with the pencils and papers, I mean sitting there with master riggers, packers and all kinds mean nasty skygods and what not.... when they said.... KID

... this-piece-of-paper's-got-47-words-37-sentences-58-words-we-wanna-
know-details-of-the-crime-time-of-the-crime-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-
you-gotta-say-pertaining-to-and-about-the-crime-I-want-to-know-arresting-
officer's-name-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-you-gotta-say", and talked for
forty-five minutes and nobody understood a word that he said.

:)

I can't wait for my next physical.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

... this-piece-of-paper's-got-47-words-37-sentences-58-words-we-wanna-
know-details-of-the-crime-time-of-the-crime-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-
you-gotta-say-pertaining-to-and-about-the-crime-I-want-to-know-arresting-
officer's-name-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-you-gotta-say", and talked for
forty-five minutes and nobody understood a word that he said.

"Kid -- have you rehabilitated yourself?"
Arrive Safely

John

Yea but I down size rapidly and gots mad skillz.... and they came back, we sat there on the bench playing with the pencils and papers filling out the wavers and accident reports....

Seriously.... I have been rather vocal to Rich Winstock and other BOD about the mandating of FAA class 3's only and not allowing other "DOT APPROVED" for safety sensitive jobs as well as those who hold DOT FAA medicals. Seeing how the FAA lives in the US DOT house and is a branch of the DOT, DOT medicals should be equal.

For parachutist in command duties the FAA does not require a medical, just like other "types & kinds" of classes of users, some even getting flight instruction without those pesky FAA medical requirements....

The biggest claim I heard FYI out of USPA as to why they want to keep the mandated FAA class 3 medical requirement is because of the DUI rules! Those are, you know helping to keep the skies free of the alcoholics.

Funny thing is that very same USPA granted a waver to a life long alcoholic who has been busted DUI more then 12 times, closer to like 15 or more times, and has had their drivers license revoked for life, even getting another DUI in the time frame as getting this special waver to do TDM's because he can't pass the FAA medical or back ground check due to his extensive criminal history.

The whole medical thing is total bullshit on so many levels. Oh and BTW.... anyone who holds a DOT medical has a commercial operators license for their area of operation and if you get popped for two DUI's you lose that operators license for life! That means you can't get a DOT medical with two DUI's, so the "it's for the DUI's" is a line of BS.

"For parachutist in command duties the FAA does not require a medical, just like other "types & kinds" of classes of users, some even getting flight instruction without those pesky FAA medical requirements.... "

Man, the time it took to explain to the FAA what I was doing and why I needed the medical ticket. Even THEY don't get it.

Oh, and it's magically good for TWO years now, not one.

:S:S:S

I don't even explain when the Dr asks, if I'm a student or private pilot... I just say yes and move along, no explaining skydiving and a class 3.

BTW, there are a few BOD members who supported the idea of other medicals if medicals were to be required, Rich Winstock was one of them who at least addressed it and reported back.

Full legal name, ID, social security number, birth certificate sir!
NOW!

Just another database!

Somehow, I expect we will lose a few good tandem instructors over the new medical system the FAA has put in place.

I have used it and it doesn't appear "new" at all. It's just been streamlined. Every question is exactly as it always was. It just allows the form to be filled out prior to the exam. Seems like a good thing to me.

srr
If you leave the plane without a parachute, you will be fine for the rest of your life.

I've always just used paper forms at the doctors office.
They never took inventory of my tattoos before and I don't see a valid reason for it.
Nor have they ever asked for my social security number for that matter.
Nor criminal history.

Another thought, now that your medical records are being digitized by the medical providers, and your prescriptions are reported by the pharmacies, make sure ANY meds you're prescribed are OK with your flight-surgeon.

Non flight examiners won't know what your permitted to take, but your list of medications will be in the Fed's database. I think the Fed's used to have a non-approved list on their website somewhere or maybe USPA can get a current official list to keep on file for reference. AOPA has a program for member pilots to assist with these issues.

If you fill out your exam ap and sign your name but have taken disqualifying meds you'll have some splain'n to do . . probably have your current medical suspended immediately and a new hobby corresponding with the Fed's medical section to clear things up. Did I mention you won't have a medical while working out this misunderstanding?

The Fed's site the applicant for falsifying federal forms, a felony, for omissions or falsification of info on your medical application. 35 - 40 pilots got busted in the northwest when a doctor was investigated and turned up errors. There have been more . . .

Many pilots have had TWO doctors for years. I think your going to see a real drop in the pilot population soon.

stratostar

BTW, there are a few BOD members who supported the idea of other medicals if medicals were to be required, Rich Winstock was one of them who at least addressed it and reported back.

I've heard that a DOT physical is acceptable. Anybody else heard that this is the case?

This is on the agenda of the BOD's next meeting.

CALL the BOD and tell them what you think. Either the USPA BOD works for the jumpers, or it works for the rig manufacturers , or it works for themselves.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334