Neilroberts502

Question

Hi guys and gals I have my tandem booked for April 12 2013 and today I received a phone cll from centre asking to get a form signed from my doc

Let me explain

I'm 35 pretty healthy guy wanting to get into skydiving I've previously had a collapsed lung approx 10 years ago maybe longer I asked doc and they said I would be fine so. Booked jump and they rang today asking if I could get it filled in which I have no problem with (unless doc won't sign lol)

My question is this normal because I read on here that there are many people with this medical prob and still jumped

I really hope it won't be a concern

Thanks for any advice
Only skydivers know why the birds sing!!
Can't remember who's quote this is!

In the states you sign a liability waiver and there are virtually no medical conditions placed upon tandem students. In the UK those over 40 or those with specific medical conditions are required to have a doctors certificate.

Probably not going to be a problem and the doctor will just sign it but them be the rules in the UK.

Odd they'd ask you that at age 35 - unless you told them about your prior medical condition.
If you did, that's what experience is: a lesson in life for future reference. What you do with that lesson must come from within you, Grasshopper.

In the states you sign a liability waiver and there are virtually no medical conditions placed upon tandem students.

This is simply not true. I would suggest that tandem student requirements vary from DZ to DZ. It is not un-common for som DZs in the USA to ask for a doctors signature to accompany the liability waiver in regards to a students "disclosed" medical condition.

Odd they'd ask you that at age 35 - unless you told them about your prior medical condition.
If you did, that's what experience is: a lesson in life for future reference. What you do with that lesson must come from within you, Grasshopper.

Hopefully, the lesson learned is that it's always best to be truthful...omitting to disclose problems is not being truthful.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239