promise5

Your most remembered tandem

I've taken 3 of my four kids. Those are pretty memorable moments.

One day I was suiting a bunch up for their tandems. A new mom, holding her month old baby, was watching with a gleem in her eye. I told her it looked like she really wanted to go herself. She said yes, but she had to feed her baby in half an hour. I told she'd be back by then. She quickly handed the baby to her husband and ran off to do the paper work.

Minutes later we're on the plane climbing to altitude. From the ride up, the exit, freefall and canopy flight, she was tuned in and doing fantastically. She enthusiastically enjoyed every moment of our jump. She would have made a great skydiver.

What humbled me so much was her trust in me. As a new parent, you do anything you must do to protect your baby. That she trusted me like that was very moving to me. :)
The other memorable jump was when I got thrown up on. :P

Alright, I can seee drinking to stay hydrated,but I won't question if I'm suppose to eat too, then hey I'll eat.;)

Definetely eat. Not a lot, nothing heavy or greasy, but eat.

An empty stomach can make you just as queasy (maybe even more) than a full one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I would definitely recommend eating at least a light breakfast before heading out to the dz to do your tandem.

One of my more memorable jumps was a fellow who did OK in freefall, was happy to take over the controls under canopy and do some turns with me, then, at around 1500' just drifted off into unconsciousness.

I landed with him hanging limp in the harness and slid it in with no big problems. We unhooked him, loosened up his leg straps and lay him down with his legs up high.

After about 15 seconds, he popped up yelling:
"That was the craziest thing I ever did!!" :D
I don't know if he was conscious of what was happening or what. But... he admitted to not eating anything that day because of the nerves!
(The system was a Sigma with his harness properly adjusted after opening, so I'm positive his leg straps weren't an issue).

I would definitely recommend eating at least a light breakfast before heading out to the dz to do your tandem.

One of my more memorable jumps was a fellow who did OK in freefall, was happy to take over the controls under canopy and do some turns with me, then, at around 1500' just drifted off into unconsciousness.

I landed with him hanging limp in the harness and slid it in with no big problems. We unhooked him, loosened up his leg straps and lay him down with his legs up high.

After about 15 seconds, he popped up yelling:
"That was the craziest thing I ever did!!" :D
I don't know if he was conscious of what was happening or what. But... he admitted to not eating anything that day because of the nerves!
(The system was a Sigma with his harness properly adjusted after opening, so I'm positive his leg straps weren't an issue).

No problem eating that day,LOL I sooo don't want to end up passed out on the ground with drool coming out my mouth. eeekkkk :P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

One of my first paid tandems was a bigger guy, freefall he was fine, had no issues under canopy, until about 1000'... He went completely limp.

NS,TIW in the pattern trying to figure out how to get this guy down safely, couldn't get his legs up, didn't want to slide him in on his face, what's a guy to do? I tried patting, yelling at him, nothing, just completely limp...

He comes to at just under 100' and I immediately have him lift his legs and slid him in.

Then he proceeded to tell me he was just relaxing, and that he had not passed out. :S

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that...

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

One of my first paid tandems was a bigger guy, freefall he was fine, had no issues under canopy, until about 1000'... He went completely limp.

NS,TIW in the pattern trying to figure out how to get this guy down safely, couldn't get his legs up, didn't want to slide him in on his face, what's a guy to do? I tried patting, yelling at him, nothing, just completely limp...

He comes to at just under 100' and I immediately have him lift his legs and slid him in.

Then he proceeded to tell me he was just relaxing, and that he had not passed out. :S

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that...

LOL LOL
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

For those of you that take people up on tandems. What's your most rememberable tandem? Can be funny or touchy would love to hear about it.

You haad to qualify the replies...
[:/]

Ahh...

- The one who shit an d puked himself...wasn't me.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239