promise5

group tandem

Is there a DZ on the east coast that could handle and allow a group of 5 to 6 people tandem all on the same load?

CPI, Connecticut Parachutists is right in your backyard, they have a turbine.

That being said, what is the big deal about all of you being on the same load? To fit five pairs you are talking turbine, so it should be a short flight to altitude? Your crammed in a turbine, just because they are bigger doesn't mean you upgraded to first class. You aren't going to freefall "together" even though you jumped out on the same pass.

Depending on how many rigs a dropzone has, the staff for the day, fun jumpers for the day, tandems on the day they might prefer to break a group of six into two loads, or maybe not.

In my opinion you will get just as good of an experience if this was to happen, and the people on the ground can watch the landings and take pictures, and then visa versa. The only exception is when only one person of a group has to go by themselves, I dislike when it works out that way, but you are still skydiving.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

This is a group of survivors that wanted to make a tandem jump together. They've gone through alot together and wanted to make this together. Its not a must, it was just an idea.:)

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Well, something like that, you just need to call the DZ with a turbine and tell them what you'd like to do and I'd be surprised if they didn't do their best to accommodate the request.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

This is a group of survivors that wanted to make a tandem jump together. They've gone through alot together and wanted to make this together. Its not a must, it was just an idea.:)

I think that most places will be happy to accommodate if you explain that to them.

I would book over the phone instead of a website and make sure that the person booking your jump runs it by the operation folks. I would also get to where ever you are jumping early and remind the manifestors at check in.

Have fun! :)
=P

This is a group of survivors that wanted to make a tandem jump together. They've gone through alot together and wanted to make this together. Its not a must, it was just an idea

Jumping on the same load simply requires a big enough airplane, and enough instructors and rigs. If all of those things are in place, it's not a big deal.

That said, do call ahead to the DZ and make the arrangements over the phone with a live person. Let them know the exact number of people who will be jumping, and if all or any of them will want outside video (which requires another person/space in the plane per person).

It can be done, given that you plan ahead accordingly. If the DZ has notice, they can be sure to have sufficient staff on hand to make it happen. That said, it's just as important that you and your group show up, on time, and with everyone present. The DZ will be putting effort into being ready and able to handle your needs, and the participants need to do likewise. Make sure all in your group are 100% serious about showing up and making a jump, and make sure everyone knows that the agreed upon time is an 'appointment', and not an 'estimated time or arrival'.

Oh yes most defiantly. I don't doubt that any of them wouldn't show up, we would all come together. But we could require the money ahead of time just as a safety precaution, and possibly pre-pay so the DZ would know we're serious.
Believe me I tried.

Oh yes most defiantly. I don't doubt that any of them wouldn't show up, we would all come together. But we could require the money ahead of time just as a safety precaution, and possibly pre-pay so the DZ would know we're serious.

Most DZs do require a deposit, and it's generally non-refundable in the case of a no-show. However, the only reason I bring it up is because they may end up having extra staff on hand to be able to accomodate your group, and those deposits generally don't make their way to the staff in the case of no-shows. Instructors get paid per-jump, and that's all.

Also, it's harder than you think to organoze a group of people to go skydiving. It's fairly common for a reservation for 4 or 5 people to end up being 2 or 3 who actualyl show up. There are a million reasons why the others didn't make it, but regardless, it happens.

On an average day, when the DZ can run (and staff itself) as usual, and they can schedule things and manifest things in the most efficient way possible, that's one thing. If you call ahead and make special arrangements for them to do otherwise, and then you have a couple of no-shows, it's just a waste of time (and money) for some of the staff people.

I'm not sugggesting that you'll have any of these problems, I'm just pointing out some additional considerations to keep in mind when you do go to schedule the jumps.

That said, get video. Outside video or hand-cam, and see if the DZ can edit it all together into one presentation, and just make 6 copies (one for each of you).

wow, I really like the idea of the editing to one video for all of us. I won't brag to much about the not having any no-shows until we actually all make the jump. But, we've spent a few months talking about different things we could do.
Believe me I tried.

That being said, what is the big deal about all of you being on the same load?

I know you've done a lot of tandems. You know how much fun it is when they all ride up together and then re-meet in the landing area, stoked as hell.B|

Haha, I have done all of my tandems out of a little 182. My big groups of passengers bring stuff to BBQ and grill. They hang out and play games. All of this because, well, they have to. :ph34r:

Each two members of the group get a huge audience to watch them land. They tell the rest of the group how awesome it was, and get people more pumped up.

Plus, I get a hamburger or two out of the arrangement usually.
=P

I won't brag to much about the not having any no-shows until we actually all make the jump.

Smart. You'd be amazed at the excuses that come up.

But, we've spent a few months talking about different things we could do.

Making that first jump is a classic "approach/avoidance complex" situation. Months away it sounds awesome. Day of the jump the fear can really stack up. ;):D

I won't brag to much about the not having any no-shows until we actually all make the jump.

Smart. You'd be amazed at the excuses that come up.

But, we've spent a few months talking about different things we could do.

Making that first jump is a classic "approach/avoidance complex" situation. Months away it sounds awesome. Day of the jump the fear can really stack up. ;):D
But, this group is pretty special, out of all of them I'm the only one nervous lol lol This is a big step we want to take to show other women that they CAN make it through and to take a huge step to define themselves not by what happened but more but something amazing like skydiving:)
Believe me I tried.