slotperfect

Welcome to the Tandem Skydiving Forum!

Welcome to the new Tandem Skydiving Forum. What started out as an idea a few years ago resulted in the "Instructors" Forum. The topic of Tandem Skydiving dominated that forum, so HH has now broken it out into its own space.

Right now I am the only Moderator, but that may change . . .

Over the next couple of days I will be migrating some of the more recent Tandem oriented threads from General, S&T, and Instructors into this new topical forum. Please consider the original post date when choosing to reply in a thread - make sure continued conversation is still relevant. If you see another that needs to get moved, or think I moved one that should have stayed put where it was, send me a PM.

Cheers, and happy hauling . . .
Arrive Safely

John

Progress! I have moved Tandem related threads from 20 pages deep in General Skydiving and Safety & Training, and I'm working on Instructors (5 pages deep so far). Instructors is where most of the Tandem threads lie, so that will take me a while.

A question was asked in the Announcements Forum about why move old threads and not just start fresh? Below are my answers to that question, which I thought was worth repeating here . . .

***-There are active and relevant conversations on the subject of Tandem Skydiving that should be migrated to the new space provided for those topical discussions

-There is a plethora of relevant information contained in older threads that will continue to be useful to new TIs, TIs new to the forums, or to anyone searching for information on Tandem jumps

-Moderators who are assigned to that forum who do not have Mod privileges in the other forums in which the existing Tandem related threads are scattered will not be as effective as intended due to only having Moderator priviliges in Tandem. Blanket additions to the other forums can cause other demographic issues that are made irrelevant by simply moving threads as I am now.

-Regarding Tandem related posts from the Instructors forum in particular: Instructors Forum was created based upon a large amount of interest in a Tandem Skydiving Forum with the eventual intent of this spin-off if warranted. When Instructors was created, I moved as many Instructor related threads from General and Safety/Training as I could to populate the new forum as I am now with Tandem.

As the community grows, it becomes advantageous to split topical forums, grow new ones, revise others, and even get rid of some. Will this be the only change? I don't know . . . that is somebody else's lane. :o

Arrive Safely

John