Bryan2

Tandem with gopro handcam

On any tandem you do without video, stick your left hand out(like wearing the handicam) and learn to fly from exit through opening that way without the handicam. This is a great way to pratice. I probably did about 50 jumps like that just working out exits while my handicam stuff was on order. You will need to adjust angle when you get it but that is very minor thing to fix.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

Don't forget that you are going to need to adjust the camera angle and your heading depending on the sun's location. In terms of issues I never had any with regards to a handcam other than accidentally turning it off in the door one time! Over time I worked out different ways to adjust the angle to get the best shots at different points of the jump(ie. dive exits I tried to get the plane in the background, on opening I held it below the students chest facing up to catch their face and the opening canopy, etc.). I had a lot of fun doing handcam jumps, plus it lets you interact with the student a lot instead of trying to steal their attention from the video flyer.

Have fun
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower