jtiflyer

NEW UPT Tandem waiver video...

Thought I would thumb through the Sigma Manual again, interesting...a must or recommended...thanks for the clarification.

A. Student accessories:retrieve and display the following items prior to gearing up: altimeter(optional),jumpsuit, soft helmet, and goggles are a must. Select a tight suit. This will reduce extra drag from your student,aiding stability after exit. A soft helmet is recommended as it is less of a risk if the Tandem Instructor were to strike the student’s head during the jump.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Thought I would thumb through the Sigma Manual again, interesting...a must or recommended...thanks for the clarification.

A. Student accessories:retrieve and display the following items prior to gearing up: altimeter(optional),jumpsuit, soft helmet, and goggles are a must. Select a tight suit. This will reduce extra drag from your student,aiding stability after exit. A soft helmet is recommended as it is less of a risk if the Tandem Instructor were to strike the student’s head during the jump.

I believe the part you brought out means that 'goggles are a must'.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I can't believe Shah hasn't chimed in on this thread, yet. He must be sick or something. I'll have to do it for him. Miss Purple Hair is hot! NFW she's a noob Tandem Bunny, either. Yeah... She bangs B|.

Get well soon, Shah.

Lighten up, brother. Just having a little fun. I'm sure both she & her hubby would chuckle if they saw it.

No one needs to lighten up, did you have something useful to add.

There are plenty of other parts of this website where you can pile up off-topic horseshit replies.

Bad enough we have Shaw doing it in the technical topic forums, but now we have Shaw groupies posting what Shaw might post.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

No one needs to lighten up, did you have something useful to add.

There are plenty of other parts of this website where you can pile up off-topic horseshit replies.

Grouchy, grouchy... This wasn't a troll. A little lighthearted fun never hurt anyone. No disrespect was ever meant to the lady. You want on-topic? OK. TIs are responsible for their passengers' lives. Shit Happens. Wearing a decent helmet could save a life. Cretan Harley arguments against helmets are just that. TIs have a responsibility to take common sense measures to protect their charges. Wear a damn Bucket.

Happy now? But, I still think a pretty gal in a Tonfly suit is hot B|.

BTW, it's The Shah to you.

Any normal person knows there is a risk.. us tandem passengers do not need a video to tell us that. Signing a waiver which states in Australia (dangerous activity etc ) is enough. Once you make a booking the decision has already been made to jump (in my case anyway)

With researching so easy these days with the net anyone who does not do a little research have rocks in their head.

Of course over researching lead to the end of my brief but worthwhile jumping career.

I know that anywhere I jump (what equipment they use.. previous accidents.. the CI etc before I arrive) I even read the TM handbook before my first tandem.(I am a nuffy I know) That served me well as I chose such high quality DZs as Skydive Nagambie (Mr Donald CROSS) and Australian Skydive Mr RALPH.
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

First, no most normal people don't full grasp the risk.

I get students that constantly spout shit like being safer that the driving in the car statistically. I openly tell my passengers that on average there are not many injuries and deaths per total number of jumps, but that on our jump we could end up dead or injured in a way that causes us to be permanently disabled.

Second, it is one more legal protection, not an infomercial. When the ambulance chasing lawyer makes a claim that despite the waiver their customer didn't know the risk because the manifest girl told them that it is safe, your legal team can play this video for the jury and show that it was made very clear that the activity is not safe.

I don't blame UPT for having this video, tandem instructors that underplay the danger aren't make it any easier for them. Stop telling stupid shit like "hey it is safer than driving".
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Any normal person knows there is a risk.. us tandem passengers do not need a video to tell us that. Signing a waiver which states in Australia (dangerous activity etc ) is enough. Once you make a booking the decision has already been made to jump (in my case anyway)

With researching so easy these days with the net anyone who does not do a little research have rocks in their head.

Of course over researching lead to the end of my brief but worthwhile jumping career.

I know that anywhere I jump (what equipment they use.. previous accidents.. the CI etc before I arrive) I even read the TM handbook before my first tandem.(I am a nuffy I know) That served me well as I chose such high quality DZs as Skydive Nagambie (Mr Donald CROSS) and Australian Skydive Mr RALPH.

Oh, my bad. You should have told me you're special.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Guess UPT is sending copies to SIGMA owners

Guess you're right, got mine in the mail today. (Postmarked 9/10/12) so I'd expect many people will be getting them by the weekend.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

forget that I said those handles on your jumpsuit are there for the EMT's to pick you up with...I was joking!

Well, its not like WE want to get your blood all over our hands!:S

:P