skydiveoc

Sigma 2 340 top skin tears

I have 15 Sigma 340 that have been reline with vectran and new colapsable slider two years ago ranging from 1000 to 1900 jumps with no similar problem.
Slider doesn't last as long as before.
I also had an issue with a green that was fading on one main, PD test it and everything was O.K. but doesn't look very good so I ask them to give me some credit to buy another one...witch they did. I have the same problem this year with an orange but after 1500 jumps I will have to live with it.
Otherwise nothing at all with an average of one cut away per 2000 to 2500 jumps in the last 17000.
Did your packers keep there t-shirt on when they pack?
When you think you're good...this is when you become dangerous.

I have 15 Sigma 340 that have been reline with vectran and new colapsable slider two years ago ranging from 1000 to 1900 jumps with no similar problem.
Slider doesn't last as long as before.
I also had an issue with a green that was fading on one main, PD test it and everything was O.K. but doesn't look very good so I ask them to give me some credit to buy another one...witch they did. I have the same problem this year with an orange but after 1500 jumps I will have to live with it.
Otherwise nothing at all with an average of one cut away per 2000 to 2500 jumps in the last 17000.
Did your packers keep there t-shirt on when they pack?

We used to require T shirts on until we hired some part time Hooters waitresses to pack and now for safety sake we do not allow shirts on while packing. :)

Yes shirts are on...

Even if your packers keep there t-shirt on, if they are sweating a lot and put there face on the canopy to deflate it while packing it might be a cause!
Here we put huge fan in the packing area to make sure this doesn't happen.
Are you closed to shore in a salty environment?
Do you make a pull test on the main fabric each year or at least on the oldest mains?
That's all I can think.
My last idea would be to contact UPT about it.

Let me know if you find something.

Richard
When you think you're good...this is when you become dangerous.