skydived19006

Physical Test For Tandem Students

must get next to no business if you are in the states. I know a lot of people over 50 who are in better shape than some 18 year olds who have shown up to jump.

Based in europe and business is good to be honest

And I agree alot of the under 50's are in worse shape than the over 50's

No one over 50

Does this include the TIs? ;) If yes, I'd be out :P

To be serious: This limit sounds ...uhm... not really sensible to me. If they aren't fit, OK. But a fixed age limit, no.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

No one over 50

Does this include the TIs? ;) If yes, I'd be out :P

To be serious: This limit sounds ...uhm... not really sensible to me. If they aren't fit, OK. But a fixed age limit, no.

We have 3 TI's over 50, the limits work for us ... no problem

I wrote this some time ago, as well, we even went so far as to put a chart on the website for older folks.

http://skydivecity.com/html/students/SkydivingWeightLimits.htm

It gives more of the ability to say 'no' in a lot of circumstances. Leo has done over 150 tandems, many with us. He is in his 70's or 80's, but his age is starting to show. We had the discussion last week that there will be a day when he has to hang this up.

Everyone needs to be evaluated individually, and there are many factors, not a single test for the capability. Someone who is really frail may not go under any circumstances, but if they only weigh 120lbs and are 5'4", then the TI can easily handle them.

Likewise a guy who is right at 220lbs, but is in good shape and tall, but then have 2 artificial knees poses a much bigger risk I think.

when our smaller TI gets called to the office for that not so small customer, he harnesses them up and then hangs them from our hanging harness stand. If they can't properly hold up their legs for a reasonable time, they don't jump.

Also removes all guess work from how they are going to look in that harness once suspended. If any adjustmets need to be made, well you have a chance to do so.

Yep. ... No one over 190 lbs... No exceptions ... they have to demonstrate there ability to lift legs .. If not .. There out ... If they dont look right there out ... No stand up landings ... All are slid in on there butt ... No exceptions ... And No one over 50

Wow. I wish our competition would adopt those rules.

Yep. ... No one over 190 lbs... No exceptions ... they have to demonstrate there ability to lift legs .. If not .. There out ... If they dont look right there out ... No stand up landings ... All are slid in on there butt ... No exceptions ... And No one over 50

Wow. I wish our competition would adopt those rules.

Some people are confusing Physical test with a Fiscal test. At some DZ's if you got the $$$$ you passed the test.[:/]

Might be a good question for peeps running for USPA office.:ph34r:

I wrote this some time ago, as well, we even went so far as to put a chart on the website for older folks.

http://skydivecity.com/html/students/SkydivingWeightLimits.htm

It gives more of the ability to say 'no' in a lot of circumstances. Leo has done over 150 tandems, many with us. He is in his 70's or 80's, but his age is starting to show. We had the discussion last week that there will be a day when he has to hang this up.

Everyone needs to be evaluated individually, and there are many factors, not a single test for the capability. Someone who is really frail may not go under any circumstances, but if they only weigh 120lbs and are 5'4", then the TI can easily handle them.

Likewise a guy who is right at 220lbs, but is in good shape and tall, but then have 2 artificial knees poses a much bigger risk I think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is absolutely brilliant. Everything is very clear and I fully agree with the weight guidelines you've set. I work at a Cessna dropzone and Maine, and the current owners aren't even skydivers. I'm 5'6 170 and I haul meat all day long (we have a fat state). Would you have a problem with us integrating your chart and explanations into our new website for next season?

There was a time in my life where I took anyone. I thought I was invisible and could handle anything. I have taken quads and I have taken a student in excess of 250 pounds, take into consideration I am at a high altitude dz, 5500 ft
The youngest I've taken is 5 yrs old, not the youngest I've seen.
Each have there own risks.
I dont feel like dealing with any aditional risk so I have set the following restriction.
My weight limit is 100kgs(220) No arguments, the landings are just too fast over that weight and I think I scare the safety staff
My age limit in 9yrs old, anything younger than that and I'm scared the child wont listen to me and try something stupid on landing.
If you cant walk the 100m to boarding point you staying on the ground, there are just so many things that can go wrong with quads and cripples.

Dave
D830
http://www.skydiving.co.za

[ Physical test with a Fiscal test.

Nice play on words.

At some DZ's if you got the $$$$ you passed the test.[:/]

"If you got the money, you weigh two-twenty." :S:D

Hi John Boy

Next time try quoting what I said, rather than replying to a cut, copy, delete and paste to serve your own agenda.:P

I'm sure you know that there's more than a tandem "students" weight thats involved in a physical test, Agility, age, ability to follow instructions. etc etc.

Some of the responsible GMDZ's will clean up there act but some only have one criteria $$$$. Thats what the waiver is for.

R.

[ Physical test with a Fiscal test.

Nice play on words.

At some DZ's if you got the $$$$ you passed the test.[:/]

"If you got the money, you weigh two-twenty." :S:D

Hi John Boy

Next time try quoting what I said, rather than replying to a cut, copy, delete and paste to serve your own agenda.:P

I'm sure you know that there's more than a tandem "students" weight thats involved in a physical test, Agility, age, ability to follow instructions. etc etc.

Some of the responsible GMDZ's will clean up there act but some only have one criteria $$$$. Thats what the waiver is for.

Okay Krip, just how did I pervert your post to fill some agenda.? I thoght your previous comments were pretty witty and I agreed with them Not sure what you're after with this post . . . now. . . .

Hi John

Me bad:$

I just didn't want this fiscal,physical test dscussion to turn into a weight thing. Your a TM you know the deal.

Bucket list,:S sorry if you don't have the ability, just the $$$. Your going home with a bucket full $$$ instead of a video and a B|.