Andrewwhyte

Strong Dual Hawk bag velcro

I think the logic of the bag with velcro is that it enables a "clean" packjob with the corners evenly stuffed (vs a "football-packjob")
plus it boils down to what you are used to: if you never had the chance (or bad opportunity :S) to pack a bag with the velcro still open, you will have problems closing it properly, simply because you don't know how to handle the stuff. reminds me of the pain of learning how to pack in the first place

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

The only people who sew them shut are to lazy to replace the worn velcro in the rigging loft, because after all 1/2 hour and 30 cent velcro is to much cost and time to maintain the gear.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

The only people who sew them shut are to lazy to replace the worn velcro in the rigging loft, because after all 1/2 hour and 30 cent velcro is to much cost and time to maintain the gear.

Bullshit. I hate packing with brand new ones. If it is such a good system do you have your personal gear that way? It may have served a function when people were packing 520s, but with the 366 it does nothing but slow down the work.

If it is such a good system do you have your personal gear that way?

Yea all 6 DHT's have new d-bags with un-sewn velcro side flaps. They don't get in my way packing I use them as designed.:P Oh and when the velcro wears out to the point it won't hold I'll spend about 30 mins picking stitches while watching TV or my kid play and then spend about 10 mins sewing on thirty cents worth of new velcro and while I'm at it, I'll fix any little wear issues I find on the bag before returning to service.

I keep my riggers kit locked, but in the packing area if I need it and I fix and maintain the gear as needed when packing after each jump, it only takes an extra second to do it and do it right.... IMHO.

For the record, I can pack using sewn d-bags too, no problem, but mine are not sewn for a reason, I like them that way!

And another thing.... for all the fucking people I see/hear in this industry bitching about strong tandem D-bags.... have any of you people ever picked up the damn phone and tried to call and speak to Ted and ask him to build you and send you custom sewn sided d-bags?

I bet not, because I bet if you would have you might have gotten them made for you... hell call down there right now 407-859-9317 and ask for Mike Rinaldi if he don't answer the line in person, and then ask him if they make you a bag like that... you state your case to them!

Other wise quit bitching about it already and keep sewing them shut.

I have found nothing a great bunch of people who really do seem to give a shit and will go the extra mile to help someone who is doing business with them, that has always been my personal experience in dealing with Strong Ent.

Have they done some shit I might bitch about in my deals, YES, did they always make it right or make it up down the road... HELL YES!

For the record, I can pack using sewn d-bags too, no problem, but mine are not sewn for a reason, I like them that way!

We can pack using velcro d-bags... we just LIKE them sewn shut. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You can specify that the bags come without the velcro and sewn shut.

Skydive Carolina has them delivered that way from Strong.

We would order them that way, but I usually forget to tell them when I place the order for new ones.
We just sew them together before the first use.

Simply stack the canopy like you would if using the Velcro, slide the canopy about 12-14 inches toward the container, place the D-bag where the canopy was before you moved it, place canopy on TOP of the D-bag, and them simply pull the bag around the canopy.

Works great everytime!
...and with less maintenance and repair costs to me!!!

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Works great everytime!
...and with less maintenance and repair costs to me!!!

Careful, they might call you lazy for that!!

:P

(btw, that 330 is still opening like a champ! Need to sew some kill lines on the slider now that it comes all the way down)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Um, no, his smart enough to order the bags the way he wants them, or if he forgets too, he sews them shut, I have never seen him bitch about them before, or now.... un-like a great deal of people.;):P

Um, no, his smart enough to order the bags the way he wants them, or if he forgets too, he sews them shut, I have never seen him bitch about them before, or now.... un-like a great deal of people.;):P

We order them sewn shut, but the occasional velcro one shows up, and we sew it shut. :P