Decodiver

As if we needed any other dickhead tandem nonsense

I assume it is just European skydivers having fun. Most likely with an experienced jumper passenger. And I bet they laugh and snicker at Americans who get all huffy about manufacturer's rules and lawyers and stuff.

They could act totally professional with students, and then go do some crazy stuff on their own. Just because some company doesn't want their gear used in a certain way, that's not their concern. Some will cry about lawyers and possible death of our industry, but a fun jump or stunt has nothing to do with taking up tandem students. Blah blah blah lawyers blah blah blah.

While I won't comment on any specific risks with specific tandem systems, skydivers do all sorts of stuff where a premature deployment might kill someone, even if we try to keep that kind of exposure down.

I bet it's not a fake. There was a similar photo with one guy standing on top of a tandem rig, holding the drogue bridle to be seen on the late skyger.de website (may it rest in peace). The folks were from Poland and the "student" was an experienced skydiver. They were doing a "fun jump". I strongly disapprove of this (due to the risks) but it seems some folks do all kinds of "fun stuff" just to... have fun. :S

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I bet it's not a fake. ... it seems some folks do all kinds of "fun stuff" just to... have fun. :S

it's always fun until someone gets hurt
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.