k2skydiver

Tandem Instructor Jumpsuit

I like two piece suits as it is cheaper to replace the pants then the entire suit and there really is not much wear on the jacket anyway(this also allows options for short sleeve shirts too). I buy firefly but what ever brand get reinforced knees and butt, I found that calling the manufacture direct and asking them what measurements they need to place the reinforced knees helps to put them in the right place(they really need to be more on the shin then the knee, when the legstraps are tight). IMHO fire fly does an incredible job on reiforced knees, I ask that they match the stripping on my pants and they are nearly impossible to see the diffenece between the cordura knee and the rest. The attached picture shows the reinforced knees that match the stripping. However Firefly does generally take quite a while to make them but I think they are worth the wait.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

T shirt + $20 pair of jeans....good to go!!

I go with cargo pants, but basically yeah that. The only reason i would actually pay for something is to get a copy of the "DZ" pants that we have with the logo and stuff. They aren't required though, so right now it's a pair of cargo pants in my normal size with a few extra inches in the legs.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

FWIW, I generally ALWAYS do tandems in bootie suits because I think leg power is much more important than flappy arms control-wise.

my wife makes bootie pants now - they are very popular with tandem instructors lately

plus - you just can't say "bootie pants" without smiling

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Depending on where you jump and the condition of the Tandem Rig you may want to think about having shoulder pads in your jumpsuit to protect your shoulder from tearing your rotator, and maybe some knee pads for those buckle attachment on the floor of the aircraft.

FWIW, I generally ALWAYS do tandems in bootie suits because I think leg power is much more important than flappy arms control-wise.

my wife makes bootie pants now - they are very popular with tandem instructors lately

plus - you just can't say "bootie pants" without smiling

Tony makes them too. Bootie pants are perfect for summer.

Thanks Guys,
I started out with a 2 peice from FireFlight they have been Awsome but after 1500 tandems they have had it. I bought a pair of booty pants 2 years ago from BEV but they are tight in the knee area which makes it hard climbing ot of a 182. I do love the control they give me though it makes a huge difference on those tandems where the student give you a workout in freefall. I have been using BDU's lately but the control I want is just not there with them.

I'll echo what Chuck said, Tony's multi-suit is very durable. I'd consider another of those, but I seem to remember it being expensive. When mine died, I bought some kevlar reinforced freestyle motorcycle pants and those lasted me a couple of years, for $80 I think. The last two years I went with some $30 plain jane jeans from Sears and those worked fine, but aren't really good for much other than tandems, or on cold days. I'm shopping now for a 2-piece suit that I can use for non-tandem jumps too. Booties are great in the air but they suck in the plane and on the ground so I'll probably go with freefly style. Looks aren't that important, I want durable, comfortable, and cheap. Does whomever suggested Firefly know if they use fabrics other than supplex for us plus-size models (6', 210 lbs)?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Has anyone tried the EG Tandem Suit? The description sounds real nice, especially the padded cordura knees (I jump a C-182).
Thinking about buying one, but would love some feedback if anyone uses one or knows someone that does.