skydiverek

Tandem jump with two passengers: video

Either all of a sudden i'm starting to comprehend Russian or our poor East-European friends are blamed for something they didn't do.
:)
(This is footage from a Dutch TV show called 'Try before you die'. I can understand this 'verbatim'. Other than that it is nothing more or less than a predetermined tandem 'reserve' opening. However, since the dutch parachuting authority takes the viewpoint that they have no say in what people do with parachuting equipment when there's no air plane involved, the TI is still in business. Which I don't think is such a bad idea all in all - He is good at his game.)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

"Cross my heart and hope to die" - years ago, after the jump a female passenger told me she was pregnant and if I thought that in retrospect what we just did maybe wasn't that beneficial for the baby.

Flabbergasted, all I could think off was that since it had happened anyway, it became insignificant.

'Yes I wish you would have told me beforehand but you were smart enough not to, for I would have declined. You owe me a birth announcement'.

Which I got :)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Either all of a sudden i'm starting to comprehend Russian or our poor East-European friends are blamed for something they didn't do.

Who said that this jump was made in Russia or Eastern Europe?

The guy asked how long before we see a TANDEM BASE. He didn't say anything about a specific place.

( the TI is still in business. Which I don't think is such a bad idea all in all - He is good at his game.)

+ 1....Bob is cool ;)
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Who said that this jump was made in Russia or Eastern Europe?

The guy asked how long before we see a TANDEM BASE. He didn't say anything about a specific place.

( the TI is still in business. Which I don't think is such a bad idea all in all - He is good at his game.)

+ 1....Bob is cool ;)

He meant BASE with 2 passengers though, and even Bob hasn't done that (yet? :S).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

He meant BASE with 2 passengers though, and even Bob hasn't done that (yet? :S).

I guess I didn't get that one. My mistake......But now Bob has something to think about...
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Those Eastern Europeans are dick-heads. Drogue throw before his feet cleared the door; two students to jack up the dive; busting clouds, etc. There is a reason they are known as the third-world. My apologies to my friends from the third world who actually follow rules and do things right, unlike this jacked up place. We'll all harrumph when we read the accident report, eventually.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

3 people under 1 parachute, toddlers in freefall, taking a cat out - WTF?

Are the rules there that lax, or do the manufacturers simply have no recourse once somebody owns a tandem rig?

Don't know how smart or stupid these people are, but they have certainly demonstrated the capacity to do stupid things.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

3 people under 1 parachute, toddlers in freefall, taking a cat out - WTF?

Are the rules there that lax, or do the manufacturers simply have no recourse once somebody owns a tandem rig?

Don't know how smart or stupid these people are, but they have certainly demonstrated the capacity to do stupid things.

Tandems were invented by someone taking his young son for a skydive, so nothing new there. As I recall the boywas paralysed or somehow disabled. there is a picture of a RW formation, and you can see the kid strapped to his Dad. I'm sure someone will track the photo down.

Plenty of animals have skydived as well, That goes back a long way, and I've seen search and rescue teams take dogs out with them...

Booth took it from there.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Since when busting clouds happens only in Eastern Europe or third world countries? :|
He didn't throw the drogue any faster than many TIs around. His feet was not at the door, he was stable and the acft tail was clear. fast or not, it was a clear drogue throw. I've seen worst from TIs jumping with a single pax...

Three people in a tandem, strapped one in front of another has been done in Florida, by the same parachute manufactorer we both are rated. Are they dick-heads too?

No Drogue, no JUMP!!

Those Eastern Europeans are dick-heads. Drogue throw before his feet cleared the door; two students to jack up the dive; busting clouds, etc. There is a reason they are known as the third-world. My apologies to my friends from the third world who actually follow rules and do things right, unlike this jacked up place. We'll all harrumph when we read the accident report, eventually.

Oh my my, look who's talkin, an american who can't do anything without reading a manual and who has to have a warning label "DO NOT EAT" on a candy wrap so he wouldn't choke on it :D
"All limits are self imposed." Icarus

No, I don't need to ask Mr. Booth what he thinks on this matter. I believe we share the same thought regarding of this jump.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I can.

Part of my job is making sure the present conditions are safe for the jump. The free fall is only part of it.

I can imagine how hard is to hook up two students at the same time, after an engine out at low altitude with the cockpit already in fire. Or after a catastrophic airframe failure, have to decide which one (or both) I'm leaving behind to die in the airplane. Or cutaway with six loose legs to catch on the reserve bridle or lines.

As a pilot, I also can imagine the consequences of having an engine out and three people standing at the door trying to bail out...

As a rigger, I wonder how the asymmetric opening forces will affect the MLW and main risers over the time, since the load is not the same on each side. Also, if having a heavy person hanging out in one side would increase the pull force required to cut away with hi G forces.

As a DZO, I can imagine 6 broken femurs, one instructor down and two lawsuits at once. :S

And the list of things I can imagine goes on and on...

After 26 years in sport, I've come to understand my limits and accept the fact that they are mine, not someone else.

I agree with you on assisted drogue deployment. A side spin rotates fast enough with four legs. I can't imagine with six.
A Skyhook equipped rig is also a good idea. It may be hard to scissor all four students legs and arch before cutting away. B|

No Drogue, no JUMP!!

Really guys....two very cute girls....one guy....and wait...these are girls from Estonia.....ooooh yeah they had fun that night!

But holy crap that landing looked hard...OUCH!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

There is a reason they are known as the third-world. My apologies to my friends from the third world

Not to put to fine a point on it, but they're not known as the third world.

They are, in fact, the very definition of the Second World.

But whatever. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good expression of righteous indignation eh.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Tandems were invented by someone taking his young son for a skydive, so nothing new there. As I recall the boywas paralysed or somehow disabled. there is a picture of a RW formation, and you can see the kid strapped to his Dad. I'm sure someone will track the photo down.

Plenty of animals have skydived as well, That goes back a long way, and I've seen search and rescue teams take dogs out with them...

I don't post much, but...

I imagine one of the major issues with taking children for tandems is having the proper fitting harnesses. If you have a specially constructed harness that ensures small children the same level of safety as a regular harness does for those who are 18 and older, I guess it's up to parents and children to decide whether or not it's something they want to do.

As for jumping with animals... that seems pretty wrong. It's one thing if you're jumping with a search and rescue dog because there is a greater good. Plus, these teams are probably jumping from lower altitude and under canopy quickly so that the dogs aren't subject to freefall for extended periods of time. Owners who jump with their pets have no idea whether or not they are enjoying themselves and so it seems fairly selfish...

Really guys....two very cute girls....one guy....and wait...these are girls from Estonia.....ooooh yeah they had fun that night!

But holy crap that landing looked hard...OUCH!

who the F**** let you out of bonfire?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Owners who jump with their pets have no idea whether or not they are enjoying themselves and so it seems fairly selfish...

Using "Ottis" as an example of a dog who is a regular "fun jumper". He knows what is coming, and enjoys it ( yes....he told me so...:S). Does anyone reading this have an exact ( or close ) number of his jumps ?

Life is short ... jump often.

The trick with kids and animals is basically to do a hop n pop, with a short freefall time. Under canopy the rate of change in atmospheric pressure is reduced to a level which minimises any discomfort....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....