mac2501

Tandem rating UK

Hi all,
i have been away from the sport for last couple of years due to work commitments, but I'm looking to get back into it as i have just moved and i live near a couple of DZ's now I'm also thinking about getting my tandem rating and just wondering if anyone knows whats sort of cost and time scale I'm looking at also if anyone has a breakdown on what is involved

many thanks Mac

Backing Andrew ...

Strong Enterprises requires a minimum of 50 solo jumps within the past year.
They also require another instructional rating (USPA Coach minimum), 500 jumps on ram-air canopies, at least one reserve ride, FAA Class 3 medical, etc.

Hi Mac,
I just completed my Tandem Rating in the UK this month. You need at least 800 jumps AND at least 8 hours freefall time. Before you attend the Tandem Course you also need to have attended and passed a Tandem Basic Instructor Course or Canopy System Instructor Course (1 week duration cost £150:00). Once you've done this you need a) JAL CLass (pilot) medical cost about £100 b) Tandem packing certificate and c) have done a Tandem (as a student) within the previous 6 months. With all that completed you can then attend the BPA Tandem Course (one week duration, with 9 jumps - 4 with a sack, 5 with a C licenced skydived on the front). Assuming no re-jumps cost will be around £850. Costs don't include travel, accommodation or food.Good luck if you go for it.

Hi Mac,
I just completed my Tandem Rating in the UK this month. You need at least 800 jumps AND at least 8 hours freefall time. Before you attend the Tandem Course you also need to have attended and passed a Tandem Basic Instructor Course or Canopy System Instructor Course (1 week duration cost £150:00). Once you've done this you need a) JAL CLass (pilot) medical cost about £100 b) Tandem packing certificate and c) have done a Tandem (as a student) within the previous 6 months. With all that completed you can then attend the BPA Tandem Course (one week duration, with 9 jumps - 4 with a sack, 5 with a C licenced skydived on the front). Assuming no re-jumps cost will be around £850. Costs don't include travel, accommodation or food.Good luck if you go for it.

Guido you're a gimp :-)

Coops............

Hi Mac,

To be able to attend the TBI course you also need:

"A written recommendation by a CCI who has known the candidate for a minimum of six months and has seen him/her regularly parachuting during that period."