parachutist

What do you think of the Wichard anti-slip hardware on new Sigmas?

Firebird (German manufacturer) has used it on all their gear for quite awhile, even sport and student rigs. It's great and once you jump it a bit you don't even notice the difference of loosening or tightening being a bit harder. I've had leg straps loosen quite a few times with tandems, but since jumping the Omega (Firebird) system with the anti-slip hardware I've never had a problem. It's great stuff.

What are Wichard parts?
Do you have a picture?

Wichard makes a lot of the hardware for the parachuting industry as well as a huge market of the marine/ boating industry. Here is a picture of the new harware on the sigmas.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

They are much better! We just had to send 2 of ours back because the older style were slipping BAD! I had to loop them back over the buckled to keep them from slipping. Haven't had any problems with the new ones yet. Kinda wonder how the harness material is gonna hold up with that little bar always applying pressure though.

Thanks for that. I jump at a strong DZ and wish they would do something for the lateral adjusters on the instructor rig. Tired of jumping rigs built for fat guys.

But they are already perfect!! :D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

We are using them since years and we do not have problems with. But up to some colors and quality webbings the spring can affect a bit the webbing after many jumps.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

But they are already perfect!! Laugh

Your attitude reminds me of a toothless redneck in a wife beater extolling the virtues of a Ford truck over a Chevy. Or vice versa.

My rigger examiner heard personally Ted Strong say that they are already perfect at a PIA symp. a number of years ago.

He had a high opinion of him before that but when he Ted replied with that after a question about his tandem system, his respect for him deminished in a heartbeat!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Thanks for that. I jump at a strong DZ and wish they would do something for the lateral adjusters on the instructor rig. Tired of jumping rigs built for fat guys.

You got a problem with fat guys ???

:P
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Though all have Skyhooks retrofitted, none of our Sigmas have Wichard hardware. I wish they did, though, because half of our rigs have "slippy" legstraps and that bugs the hell out of me.

I spent quite a bit of time at the Wichard booth at PIA six and four years ago checking their stuff out. Their hardware is fantastic.

Chuck Blue
D-12501

I had an old (sport) rig that hung me because the leg straps came all the way down on a really hard opening. Crushed larynx, couldn't talk for a week. Rigger sewed extra webbing on the leg straps, and didn't have any more problems after that. Simple trick that seems to work.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD