PhreeZone

Take away item(s) for tandem student

I thought about pre-printing a bunch of log books (pieces of paper) that had level 1 tandem filled out, then info on level 2/3 tandem in the other spots. Might be a little overkill to had to every student, but the ones that might be even remotely interested in a 2nd jump, I think it would gain repeat business for that DZ since they would feel a part of it straight away.

Usually we all are running too fast to actually fill these out between each load, so something that is a catch-all....though generic would be better than nothing.

Make them card stock, 5x7's or something....

I thought about pre-printing a bunch of log books (pieces of paper) that had level 1 tandem filled out, then info on level 2/3 tandem in the other spots. Might be a little overkill to hand to every student, but the ones that might be even remotely interested in a 2nd jump, I think it would gain repeat business for that DZ since they would feel a part of it straight away.

I encourage you to do that. (even if the DZ does not!)

I was at Skydive Chicago this past weekend. I was impressed once again at the logbooks they give each of their tandem students. Every time I go there they seem better.

Usually we all are running too fast to actually fill these out between each load...

I have to ask "why?". The SDC instructors actually sit down at a table to fill out their student's log book. It is done quickly, yes, but thoroughly.

You might try just asking everyone what the hurry is. The few minutes each day spent with the tandem students might pay for themselves in marketing successes.

If it's a level two or three, we had a load off to sit and write out the log book... Other than that, a lot of times we were running back to back due to the demand. I will say though that even though we were busy, and running back to back, the owner NEVER had a problem letting the plane sit a few extra minutes if we needed to take a moment with the student or anything else to maximize their experience. He tried to emphasize that we still needed to be personal even when we were busy. Sometimes though....it's hard, even though it's my favorite part about it.

I actually just moved, so I will be at a different DZ now anyway....and will miss the one I was at. However, I do think just handing the person something personal...will help retain. I will be at a much slower DZ though too, so I will be able to give a little more attention.