riggerrob

cost for a tandem rating?

What does your local tandem examiner charge to train and certify a new tandem instructor?

Please ignore fees paid directly to USPA or the manufacturer.
Please ignore rig rental and jump tickets, JUST THE FEES PAID DIRECTLY TO THE TANDEM EXAMINER.

Well funny you should ask, I've been looking into this for strong TM-I

1.The local IE, I've heard charges 600.00 usd I believe that's with slots covered, but not sure. I'm not sure because I don't plan to use them.

2. the next closest strong IE charges 295.00 for the course, he said that price cover the first 5 jumps.

3. The guy I'm looking to use is charging 300 a head

I've also look into Jay Stokes site about 8 mos ago and it was like 300 as well for both USPA & strong.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

just paid $300 for mine. Just covered the Examiner's fee, nothing else. There was no charge for eval jumps. I did not have to repeat any, but I do believe that there was no additional fee (other than slots and rental of course) for re-jumps either. That is my rating cost me all slots and gear rental and uspa / upt fees plus $300.

I thought it was fair. I charge $200 plus slots and fees for my coach course. I normally do all eval jumps, and if I hire someone to do them I pay them out of the $200. No additional eval fees to the candidate, even for re-jumps.

Just paid $250 to Jim Crouch in west point, VA for a strong tandem rating course (examiners fee only). Then consider $155 to strong ent for the packet, $80 to the doc for a medical cert, 20 slots @23 each, fees to USPA..... I set aside a grand total to get it done and its gonna be pretty close to that.

i am a tandem examiner for the governing body in ireland and also for UPT.
i charge €250 per head for the rating.the club will cover the cost of slots at no charge to the person.i get the person to pack the tandem chute himself after the jumps.
and i will continue and keep an eye on the person well after he has finished his rating and is in the early days of his tandem career.
so i think that is a fair price to charge.
rodger

What is the exchange rate between Euros and Canadian dollars ... 1/2?

Sound like you are charging twice the going rate (in North America), but providing gear rental and assistance over dozens of jumps.

Exchange rate has no bearing here. If this is the going rate in Ireland then it's fair.

I have spent over $3500 on my rating over the years, about $2k in aussie, about $800 in NZ converting my aussie one (I only had 50 tandems) and abot $500 in the USA converting and doing coach ratings etc.

That all includes jump tickets, medicals, coach ratings, DZSO ratings, first aid certifecate/revals. If I included rating annual fees it would jump up more, but I have earned so much it does not even bother me in the slightest how much I have paid as it is minimal to the fun and money I have gained out of doing so.

I now have NZSA, ParaNZ, NZPIA, APF, USPA and Tanzania CAA tandem ratings.

well worth every cent!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Because he said it included everything from jump tickets to medicals. The $300 figure is only the examiners fee, it doesn't include anything else. From friends that have gotten their rating recently, it's about $1300 total. So you are comparing $1200 to $2000. The difference probably is due to exchange rates and different economies.

You won't need the ParaNZ one anymore [Pirate]

Glad we got out of there!!

NZSA is really good to deal with, inexpensive and professional.

We sent our operations manual in with all the applicble paperwork and had an operators certifecate withing 4 days!!

In the Meantime ParaNZ seems to have fallen on its ass, but I'm not updated on that... do you know what the story is now?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

So you are comparing $1200 to $2000. The difference probably is due to exchange rates and different economies.

Skydiving as a whole is less expensive in the USA.

Annual membership in Aussie is about $200+ratings from memory and I laughed at some Americans in Florida complaing that the USPA fee had gone up like$20 to $50 or something I cant remember for sure.

What is the annual running cost of membership in the USPA these days, and ratings etc?

I only had to pay nz$17.50 for the remaining 6 months of 2010 with the NZSA here, I was chuffed (it is not even july yet), and they didn't charge me to convert my ratings eitherB|.

I'm so glad to have good people that are not greedy to deal with...