Rover

Gopro handcam

Can anyone post picture/s of a camera mounted to a hand cam glove? I kind of see how you'd do it. The camera goes into a housing, said housing needs the mounting crap cut off. Then drill holes and super tack the housing to the glove?

Why make it so hard? No drill, no dremel, no super-tack, no glue... just some 550 chord.
http://www.exitshot.com

Why make it so hard? No drill, no dremel, no super-tack, no glue... just some 550 chord.

I was thinking that it would be nice to hang it from my hand cam glove. Slip the glove on, and it's all there, one solution for both.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

We used the Go Pro Hero Wide mounted in a Instrument Glove for most of the season, and it worked great! The camera fits in the casing a little tight, but is much easier to use than a standard bulky handcam. With the simple 2 button recording and low profile glove fit, our instructors liked the ease of use! Here is a link to a video our instructor Frank D'Andrea shot a few weeks back using the Go Pro Hero Wide. Over the winter we will be creating our own design for a better fit in the casing, and also switch to HD next year.

Tandems loved the alternative video and you have option of just handing them the 2mb SD Card ($6 Cost), or performing some quick editing and burning to CD. Both steps are easy as the SD card can be put in a slot or connected via USB! I would recommend to most TM's or DZO's as an always on Add-on/After the Jump sales items..it can be cheap enough for the TM to just give them the card or burn the footage/PICS to a CD or DVD quick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9ScKm1sX8

Check it out..and PM if you need more information!

Bryan Cavage
Endless Mountain Skydivers
Bryan Cavage, D-19100
AFF I, Tandem I, Vidiot
http://www.dropzonesolutions.com
-Social Media Consultant and Skydiving Gear Guru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9ScKm1sX8

Check it out..and PM if you need more information!

Bryan Cavage
Endless Mountain Skydivers

Ok, but poor as compared to a "real" video camera with some image stabilization. I'm liking the idea of combining this camera (for stills) with my existing video camera.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Can anyone post picture/s of a camera mounted to a hand cam glove? I kind of see how you'd do it. The camera goes into a housing, said housing needs the mounting crap cut off. Then drill holes and super tack the housing to the glove?

Where's the fun in THAT, Karen?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ok, but poor as compared to a "real" video camera with some image stabilization. I'm liking the idea of combining this camera (for stills) with my existing video camera.

That's the regular GoPro, wait for the HD one ;)
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Are there any considerations to be taken by sub-200 jumpers? Should someone who should not be jumping with a helmet cam yet be allowed to jump with one?

Any potential snag issues if wearing anywhere besides your helmet?

GoPros have been getting a lot of press in the skydiving community and I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet.

It has been. Look at the Photo forum and the stickies at the top of that forum. Same recommendations apply to the GoPro as any other camera, its not just the snag points its the distraction that video can cause.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Here are a couple of photos of my setup. Glued velcro hook to the case and pile to the glove. Have a bungee to hold it on if it gets a knock. Has worked perfectly to date.

Plus one opening shot..
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

Sorry, below average photos! now a T.I, when i look at the handycam video of my first tandem, (skydivelasvegas...dont go there, they are crooks!!) i realise just how poor the overall product is!!!. sorry, no offence to T.I,s that work in tandem factories but, bottom line, there is NO way an instructor with a handycam can EVER produce the same product as a DECENT camara flyer with a stills and vid camera.....period!!just for a minute, think quality...not profit! now i know better im still thinking of sueing vegas for the aweful service and lack of (paid for) extra altitude!! XXX

you are correct, but handycam is the way alot of it is done.
This is the trial of my version 1 handycam glove. Still alot of shake but version 2 has had some additional changes that should eliminate the shake 100%.

The GoPro is certainly a great video for handycam once we get this glove sorted out.
Please note that the case for this glove was not made with the camera, the manufacturer now has the camera and is doing an awesome job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv2JzGZMIuo&feature=youtube_gdata

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Yours works fine for the fine for most jumpers,

for the working skydiver who needs something more try

http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/Accessories/84/index.htm

Hi koppel, I know those are reasonably popular in Aus, but in all honesty and our new dropzone is dedicated go pro handicam for now, outside will be coming but I had to develop my own design to accomodate al my needs. I needed a setup that was going to prove its worth in a commercial application where you are not in control of what others do, or do not do.

i contemplated the concept you have shown us, whic actually essentially comes with the helmet hero package... but was not happy with that setup for the following reasons;

1, The plasitc is brittle and as much as that is a safety feature for a sport skydiver and snag hazard it is a hazard to the customer, in the incident of that hinge breaking there you will not only lose the camera but you will have sharp exposed plasic spikes. This is more of a concern in southern New Zealand where the altitude temperatures are consistently below freezing and the plastic will be very brittle (riser slap/snag, door.....).

2, The profile of the camera is no smaller (yes lighter, but not smaller) than say a PC1000. This is retarded for a camara that is the size of a matchbox. The need for 20m waterproof is unnecessary for skydiving as we have lerned over the last couple of decades.

3, I believe the design that uses the hinge and casing on the back of the hand finally creates the snag hazard everybody ever complained about with handicam tandem footage.

For these reasons and more ( I am a frugal dutchman:P), I developed the GoProbro, and posted some photos a while back.

It is not reinventing the wheel and overcomes several problems that I had with simply mounting the casing to the back of the hand in the waterproof case, by encasing the go pro body in neoprene and making a filter to protect the lens I eliminated the need for the bulk of the setup,

Here is the origonal thread where I introduced them.

That was the first one I had developed out of scraps (beer coolers, pullups and old goggles), I have developed it much further and use new materials now with thicker neoprene in the glove with plush liner, and YKK zips etc. I have developed the shape of the glove to reduce the shake considerably also.

I made our Dropzone promo with them, you can see the difference betweeen my origonal and the newer versions as the glove and my arm has almost been removed from the field of view while the older version you can see the glove.

watch promo by clicking here

I have sold a couple around the place, aussie/france/nz... and intend on advertising them but I'm in the process of starting a new DZ and don't want to be inundated with ancillary work. I like to fulfill my promises and I already know the concept is popular. I will sell them for US$150 ***including*** a filter.

Any colour you want as long as it is black;).

If anyone wants one now however they can simply PM me as I have time for a couple here and there.

I am also in testing with dual camera gloves that have a dedicated stills and video go pro. But in deveopment so won't say too much about that.

:P
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Here's my GoPro - mounted vertically beside CX100 on the glove to shoot stills.

The mounting is the plastic plate from the box it came in, cut to fit the inside of the glove and gaffer taped inside the glove. A hole was cut to suit the mount.

I shoot the every 2 second option. The vertical format gives well framed shots.

Ciao, fergs

No, I simply trimmed the big plastic plate that the camera is mounted on in it's presentation case to suit space on the inside of my glove. I then cut a hole on the glove's side to fit, so the actual mount bracket is flush with outside of the glove. Gaffer tape on the inside keeps it clean, but isn't actually needed as the plate is snug in there regardless.

f

We strapped gopros on our hand cams late spring. I don't have a picture handy, but with our old PC9s which are somewhat tall in the glove, we simply used some of the reserve stow bungee material to make two bands, slip over the glove and go!

It's always been a struggle for us to run outside video, we're small, so the two TIs would trade out video duty for the day effectively reducing by half the number of tandems we could do in a day. About a month ago I removed the outside video option all together, well maybe by special request in the winter?

For those who care, I priced HC video with GoPro stills at $65, the TI gets $35, which is what I was paying the outside vidiot.

Here are a handful of pictures.

AC DZ