Rover

Gopro handcam

Bought a Gopro wide camera and mounted it on my handcam glove. I'm happy with the results and it does give the punter an oppotunity to buy freefall photos as well as canopy ride photos if they want. Any one else using one for this purpose?
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

No,I thought I'd try the concept first before buying the HD model. These photos weren't photoshopped in anyway although I have taken out the 'black dot' using photoshop successfully.

the go pro will either take pictures or take video not both at same time.

The new HD version will be out very soon they are starting to deliver early Nov. they also have a wrist mount for the GoPro HD version.

I will have these available on our website very soon.

they also have lithium rechargable battery.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death. www.reaperwear.com

Essentially it's attached with velcro. Glued the hook onto the back of the camera case and glued the pile onto the glove. Have a piece of bungy over it to hold it on the velcro. The camera is inside the case which is hinged so it can be accessed without removing it from the velcro, so the velcro won't lose strength through repeated cycles.

i got mine in may - never looked back and therer are tons of tandem-pics on my hard-drive :)
the downside of the GoPro is lighting. If its overcast pics tend to be very dark, so you have to figure out where the best light comes from or do some photoshopping (which i don't, i sell pics as they are for little money. on clear, sunny days picture quality is really nice plus - due to the wide angle - you get some really funny shit from time to time. see attached pics for the difference

as for the mounting: if you use the case you'll be fine with some elastic-cord threaded throught the hole in the bottom of the case and through the snap on top. works perfect for me

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

the gopro has an auto-mode: you turn it on and push the trigger - the camera takes a shot every two (or if you wish every 5) seconds. all you have to do afterwards is to point the thingie in the right direction and switch it of once you have landed or under somewhere under canopy.
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Whoa guys, you're trying to tell Martin to buy one of them newfangled clicky-click-click www[dot]blackhelicopter.gov computer box things that make you all modern and shit.

I'll believe it when there is more beer in the fridge than ASA200.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

We've been using them for almost a year now as a "basic video" option. A rigger made gloves for the case, dremelling off the screw-hole mount on the bottom, but the gloves zippers have all broken and then you can't use all the included mounts for other things...

I came up with this little macgyver rigging in a few minutes of getting the camera, and I've been using it without an issue ever since:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=142959&id=545871412&l=40f1f0165d
http://www.exitshot.com

Yep, a little 550 chord goes a long way, and I didn't have to dremel, sew, or glue anything. Just make sure the knots won't come undone.

Edit to add: Oh yeah, and, with my macgyver rigging, you don't see my arm in the video. Whereas you do with the specially designed gloves.
http://www.exitshot.com

Whoa guys, you're trying to tell Martin to buy one of them newfangled clicky-click-click www[dot]blackhelicopter.gov computer box things that make you all modern and shit.

I'll believe it when there is more beer in the fridge than ASA200.

Buff, surely you see the irony in commenting about my lack of computer savoy when I've been posting here. That said, these people would have no idea that I've never had a ocmputer at the DZ. What do I need with a puter at the DZ? I have shit I need to get done!

If I were to start offering Hand Cam with quality stills, I could totally eliminate the outside video option. Before you go into a rant about all the out of work Kansas Viditos, at my DZ the TIs also fly outside video, no harm/no foul. So, the problem then becomes a matter of how to maintain my RW skills if no longer flying outside video? Don't even suggest that I'm going to have to do a fun jump once in a while if I Go Pro!

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Can anyone post picture/s of a camera mounted to a hand cam glove? I kind of see how you'd do it. The camera goes into a housing, said housing needs the mounting crap cut off. Then drill holes and super tack the housing to the glove?
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I'm assuming that the GoPro will only do one of the two tasks at a time (i.e. does not shoot video while it's shooting stills)?

Thats right. The video is you-tube quality at best, but I've been impressed by the stills for what they are
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

The new HD GoPro will have the option of a wrist mount, I am still waiting on that and the new HD camera to arrrive when i get it I will post some pics hopefully get to use it on a tandem, (Martin I will either send you mine to try out or come down there myself after we close for the winter up here.) .
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death. www.reaperwear.com