tsalnukt

tandem hook turns

I prefer to induce speed for landing.

Anyhing from a braked approach to turn up to about 180 degrees for landing most often it will be a 90 degreeslow turn, one must be competant and experienced to perform these well,bit they give you more speed and control.

This depends on canopy type also.

At my DZ you will interfere with the landing pattern if you do anything other than a left hand 90-180 degree landing.

The least experienced jump staffer here has over 4000 jumps. most have 6-10k. and all have over 1000 on the canopy type, many thousands in some instances and all equipment is exactly the same.

What works somewhere does not work everywhere. especially when low time instructors are a substancial part of the mix and using diffient canopy sizes etc.

We use 330's for everything.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

especially when low time instructors are a substancial part of the mix

just curious: how did you handle things when you were a rookie TI fresh out of TICC?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

just curious: how did you handle things when you were a rookie TI fresh out of TICC?

Very carefully, I was working at a dropzone in the mountains with an old crw dog tandem master that was the dictionary defintion of complacent, I was managing as well so keeping the peace was difficult but do-able due to our clashing demeanor.

e.g. He would allow customers to take an SLR camera up and would simply stash the camera down their jumpsuit above the chest strap etc:S. It was difficult explaining to my customers that they couldn't do the same things thier friends did, but they understood when i explained rationally why.

My first 500 tandems took me almost 2 years as I was travelling and competing. But since, I have been clocking them up much faster. Currency and competence is everything, if i don't do a tandem for a couple of weeks, I feel totally uncurrent.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

happy to have it the other way round - they team I do tandems with works by the book :)

if i don't do a tandem for a couple of weeks, I feel totally uncurrent.

talk about currency: season stars in a few weeks - so it will be time to do a refresher after a 5 months layoff - i wonder what my I/E will come up with this time B|
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666