TaylorC

Set 366/400 with Vectran flight characteristic changes?

I'm at a DZ w/ only strongs as well, so I'd like to know...but is it too much to ask a question in this forum and get a serious answer w/o all the bullshit answers of "Strongs are turds" "Don't jump strongs" blah blah blah.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Vectran does not change the flight charachteristics at all. The line just does not shrink as much so if you can imagine the canopy after a reline it stays closer to that through out life of the reline. No real change to it over the the life of the line set.
Go big!

my experience w set 400, about 3000 tandems with them, is that the spectra shrinkage over time definitely put the canopy out of trim, in my case, causing an annoying ballooning tendency. I guess vectran keeps the canopy in trim better and wears out quicker so as to hasten re-lines!

You may actually be thinking of HMA, as Strong now make SETs with HMA lines.

The one we got earlier this year looked like Vectran at first, but on closer inspection and given new info, it is HMA. Compared to the other SET400s, it seems to keep a little more forward speed and is easier to pack due to smaller line bulk. Not much in it though.

The biggest plus is it is much easier to pick up the canopy when you carry it back as the lines are so thin and it's lighter too.

cya

Back around 2000, Strong made a few SET400s with Vectran lines. They flew the same as Spectra lines, but did not stretch/shrink out of trim. Vectran lines soon turned grey and ugly, but we never broke a line.

This year we bought a SET400 and a SET366 and both arrived with HMA lines.

Back around 2000, Strong made a few SET400s with Vectran lines. They flew the same as Spectra lines, but did not stretch/shrink out of trim. Vectran lines soon turned grey and ugly, but we never broke a line.

This year we bought a SET400 and a SET366 and both arrived with HMA lines.

holy shit ian finally bought a 366?