F16Driver

First Tandem Cutaway

Care to share any more details like?
Tandem Rig Mfg?
RSL hooked up or not?
Skyhook?
And stability issues after the cutaway and before the reserve deployed?
He who hesitates shall inherit the earth.

Deadwood
Skydive New Mexico Motorcycle Club, Touring Division

Tension knots on the left side. Acted like a really bad end cell closure. Tried to clear, couldn't. Cutaway. Lived.

Beer!

You didn't try hard enough to clear the tension knot. You just got scared. That's what your packer told me;)

He's right. I do get scared easy.:P

"I promise, I will never die."

That is the EXACT same thing that happened on my first (I already bought beer for it- relax) tandem cutaway (well only tandem cutaway at that). And yes I kept my handles too. Same equipment- Strong, SETS 400, RSL no Skyhook. I found the canopy but not the freebag. I'm still looking for it;)

http://3ringnecklace.com/

seems to me the packer should have taken that extra 10 seconds to run up the brake lines after laying the chute down to cocoon. i have noticed plenty of times when the brake lines have gotten wrapped into the steering lines during the flaking and lay out, but this is not something a tandem parachute should ever be cutaway for especially when it is 100% avoidable with this quick step. hope you find the freebag, yet another advantage to the skyhook!
Most call me honest; some call me an asshole; I guess the truth isn't for everyone!