millertime24

For the TI's out there.

So its a slow day today and I was thinking about the freeflock boogie coming up and how there will be xc jumps. My question is would it be feasable for a tandem to do a xc jump? Would it be too uncomfortable? Would you want more $$ since you're extending the passengers experience? Any thoughts?
Muff #5048

ok ok cross country (darn abbrevs) now i get it

well if it was the sunset load, the day was mild at alti and we had some beer to share - why not - although personally i'd prefer to have the solitude of flying xc strictly for myself without a babbling pax strapped in front :P

edit to add: real xc starts with howling uppers and you go at least ten miles downwind back home :o:Petc

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I'm not a TI, but I wouldn't think it's a great idea.

If there was a mal, you now have a main and freebag drifting around at 10k+ ft. Tandem rigs are business assets and their purpose is to make money. Lose a canopy, and you're out big bucks, and down a rig until you can replace it.

The tandem student harnesses do not fit everyone in a 'comfortable' manner. It would be a shame to find this out way up there, with no choice but to ride it out.

I've had two tandem drogue malfunctions that prompted a deployment at greater than 12,000 AGL. (One was over 15,000), and on both jumps the passenger and I felt the harnesses were uncomfortable to the point of our legs being asleep upon landing.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Wow. Yeah I was kind of thinking that comfort of both parties would be a pretty big issue. And the comments about chopping that high and losing several thousand dollars worth of gear is another interesting point. Thanks guys. This is just something Ive never really given any thought about before now.
Muff #5048

I've had two tandem drogue malfunctions that prompted a deployment at greater than 12,000 AGL. (One was over 15,000), and on both jumps the passenger and I felt the harnesses were uncomfortable to the point of our legs being asleep upon landing.

yea, I've had the same thing happen once. I don't think I would intentionally do a cross country with a tandem....

Are you guys jumping strongs or what? the sigma harnesses are comfortable for both people as long as they are not too large of a pax.

I cant remember being uncomfortable on a sigma, though I am light myself??
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

With a sigma and a light passenger, I'd be game for it. It would be nice to spot for the freebag and main to land in a open spot. It would make a cool sunset load.B|

John, You are just a wild man! As a side we did not get teh WS jump in at Ritz? How about a WS jump on Sat.... I have 3 new adjustable Intros and i am sure one will fit!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"