clint

TI's Sony cx105 for HandCam

zoom in to get rid of vignetting or get a better lens...

everybody's got their preference. thanks for sharing yours =p

you like the tunnel shot?

I'm trying to get as much in frame as possible with the camera sitting on my hand. If I zoom in then I get less in the shot. It would be like buying a .2 and shooting with a .3. If I were to zoom in far enough to eliminate the black ring, then I couldn't fit all of me, the whole student, and background scenery into the frame.

Right now there are no lenses I'm aware of that're suitable for this job, that can provide such a wide view without the ring. Handcam videos have sacrifices that are expected: either you get the ring and lots in the frame, or you get less in the frame.

zoom in to get rid of vignetting or get a better lens...

everybody's got their preference. thanks for sharing yours =p

you like the tunnel shot?

I'm trying to get as much in frame as possible with the camera sitting on my hand. If I zoom in then I get less in the shot. It would be like buying a .2 and shooting with a .3. If I were to zoom in far enough to eliminate the black ring, then I couldn't fit all of me, the whole student, and background scenery into the frame.

Right now there are no lenses I'm aware of that're suitable for this job, that can provide such a wide view without the ring. Handcam videos have sacrifices that are expected: either you get the ring and lots in the frame, or you get less in the frame.

i do handcam video as well and i use a royal .2 with my PC1000 and i dont have to zoom-in at all. I just started using a CX100 with an opteka .3 and its just as wide and i dont have to zoom in either. I did own a blackeye .25 at one point though where i had to zoom in which sucked. There are lenses out there that dont have this problem or maybe its just the camera.

i do handcam video as well and i use a royal .2 with my PC1000 and i dont have to zoom-in at all. I just started using a CX100 with an opteka .3 and its just as wide and i dont have to zoom in either. I did own a blackeye .25 at one point though where i had to zoom in which sucked. There are lenses out there that dont have this problem or maybe its just the camera.

Gonna post some examples?

Gonna post some examples?

I did not edit these or put them on youtube. This is not my full handcam video and if you got a problem with the way i do tandems or handcam send me a PM this is just a comparison of lenses. I dont have any video online of my CX100 yet.

Royal .2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESGtaWLNdQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16k0uXhWJGI

Blackeye .25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOKPSxaugDM

[i do handcam video as well and i use a royal .2 with my PC1000 and i dont have to zoom-in at all. I just started using a CX100 with an opteka .3 and its just as wide and i dont have to zoom in either. I did own a blackeye .25 at one point though where i had to zoom in which sucked. There are lenses out there that dont have this problem or maybe its just the camera.

It's not a lens "problem."
A wide adapter merely widens what the camera already has as a maximum wide angle. If the camera is say...55mm (wide image becomes 26.5mm wide) and you stick a .5 on the front of it, it will be nowhere near as wide as it would be putting that same lens on a camera that has a 38mm (becomes 19mm) width.

As Parachutist suggests, zooming in to get rid of the vignetting will remove any value in having a wider lens, and one might as well buy a less wide lens.
No one likes vignetting but if the wider lens tells a better story...content is king.

Those look pretty good. I'd like to see the new .3 you were talking about, used as handcam on the CX100, shot in 16:9.

i will try and get some footage soon. Dont have a whole lot of time on my hands right now cause of this time of the season but i will try