Cari

Question for any small TI's out there.

Somewhere on this site is a pic of a really tall guy hooked to a really tiny TI, its funny as hell, i suck at searching tho,,,,,,

I think you are talking about picture of Martin Myrtle(AC/DZ) & Jen Sharp(SDK). Pic on page 3 of this link
http://www.aircapitaldropzone.com/photogallery.htm
Jen is tiny but is an AFF/TI/DZO/Rigger and Coach Course Instructor. Pretty cool lady.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I'm exactly your size, and I can tell you that it's completely doable.... I have taken as tall as 6'4" and as heavy as 255# out of a 182. The harnesses are adjustable (I only jump Sigmas); you can jump 330's (I love our Hops 330s- very light toggle pressure). Really, it's so much fun, and if you really love and care about your students, the discomforts will be quite minor.

Laura Mullen
DZO, Santa Cruz Skydiving

she couldn't flare the canopy by herself

Its going to suck if she has a reserve ride. No student toggles, no flare toggles, you're flying the "whole" canopy the entire time and the toggle pressure is higher then on even an EZ-384!

I'm a tandem instructor. I am Strong rated and I am a 5'8" 155lb woman. I can't always flare the SETS 400 by myself, so I have students help me flare. Even though I only have ~30 tandems so far, I have already had a cutaway. I was surprised that the reserve did not have student toggles. I was still able to flare and we even had a stand up landing! The student was a small guy, so flaring was easier. If the student was big and I couldn't flare the reserve by myself, I would have put my student's hands in the toggles and I would have put mine on top of his, or grabbed the top part of the toggles.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

Letting a tandem 1st jump student help me flare a main on landing sounds like a bad idea,let alone a reserve.
I have seen T2's,T3's,andT4's who did great practice flares above 1000ft,look down at the ground at 50ft and try to yard the toggles down.
The only reason we did not get driven into the dirt like a tent stake,was because I was strong enough to stop them from yarding them down.
Adrenaline will help the TI to a point,but the students have adrenaline also,and if they are stronger than you it could be very ugly.