shortyj

Most memoriable tandem student?

Anything goes funny, freaked out, serious. Just want to hear some cool stories. And maybe get some ideas:ph34r: as i will being doing #3 on sat.:P

I'm a retired TI (approx. 1300 tandems) and I remember taking a young lady on a tandem at Sky Knights SPC and she was blind. After we landed, she told me that her parents formerly jumped at Sky Knights. The amazing part is that her parents were also blind and were experienced jumpers. I had never jumped with them but met them at the club shortly after I started jumping. After jumping, they would be guided in via radio by an experienced jumper. True story!!

I only have 24 so the list is pretty small..

(Best Jump 5) With a complete hotty on the front side that decided to do a pike out the door on my last check out dive. That will stay in my mind every time I exit an aicraft.B|

(Coolest Jump 6) Taking my instructor that taught me how to fly 3 years ago. I am not sure who was flying who on that jump, although I did learn if student is larger than boss make boss take them.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

(Funny Jump 10) Our Camera guy went front side and screamed like a little girl the entire canopy ride.:D:D:D

(Scary jump 11) First real student. Jump went great!!B|B|

Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

I remembered a good one! Last year about this time a girl came to do a tandem jump to celebrate her 30th birthday. She was very loud and excited. She wrote a big black 3 on her right palm and a 0 on her left to show off for the video. She even had me wear a skull face mask for the jump.

After we got down she was hooting and hollering and said that the next part of her 30th birthday celebration was to go get her first tattoo. I jokingly said something about her getting my name tattooed on her ass. She laughingly agreed and after seeing her video and all that, left.

Christmas time rolls around, no shit, I get a christmas card from her at the dropzone with a photo of our tandem jump and a photo of her new tattoo. Honestly, it's just a photo of a tattoo so I can't tell if it's actually on her ass, but it is of some flowers and written right above the flowers is, "Simon at Skydive Suffolk rocks!!!"

I still have that photo on my fridge. I had to buy beer because it was my first tandem student to "tattoo my name on her ass". Never heard back from her either. Sometimes it comes back to me, somewhere out there, my name is tattooed on that chicks ass.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Memorable for me was my first time to jump as a tandem student, not because it was my first jump but because it was also on the 3 day of my honeymoon and my wife was jumping too! She had taken the time to find a place near where we were going. She new I had always wanted to skydive but had never had just not gotten around to it. Anwyays, it went great and we got video. Her tandem instructor was great as he was cracking jokes the whole time and just made it so fun. Anyways, that was almost 4 months ago and I now have 7 staticline jumps and am hoping to do my first actual pull tomorrow!

A few years ago, a friend asked me what the worst part of doing tandems was (he was about to get his rating). I said "You know those cold winter days when your nose is running, and you end up with snot all over your goggles?"...he nodded, and I continued with "Wait until it's not YOUR snot". ;)[:/]

Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

until now i was thinking it was this blind 16 yo girl from last year - but just last weekend i had this bloke who, upon shoving this inflexible 195 pound dude our of the door of the 206, let go a fart that made me think he had just crapped in his pants (where's the puke-icon when you need it) which would have been a first :D:SB|

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

These are all great stories!:)
I've finally got a story to contribute of my own!
I took my *whisper* first */whisper* 200lb student. He was a Harley motorcycle due, with a long braid and handlebar mustache. He was probably in his late 30s or early 40s. He had false teeth, which he took out before the jump. I didn't talk to him much after that because he seemed embarrassed that he had no teeth in his mouth. The jump was uneventful. He gave me a $10 tip, which was my first (and only) tip.

The next weekend, he came back to the dropzone. He asked if he would do another jump, would he be able to request me? He said that he's more comfortable going on a jump with a female instructor ("not that I'm honophobic or anything" yeah right)- I said yeah, that's fine. I asked if he was going on a jump today, and he said no, he doesn't have the money right now. Then he held out a $10 bill and said that he came back to the drop zone to give me a bigger tip. He said that he felt that he short-changed me. I told him that he is the only person to give me a tip. He was suprised by that- all the while this conversation is going on, I have a very sneaky suspicion, but I can't figure out what it is. I finally said, "You're not a creepy stalker guy are you?" He looked embarrassed and said, "Well I had a lot of fun on the jump." Then I said something professional like, "I look forward to our jump whenever it is." Then he starts shaking and drops the bomb and says, "Would you like to go out sometime?" :o He came back to the dropzone just to ask me out!!:D:D:D All I could say was "No". I should have said, "I have a boyfriend" but I was so shocked!:S

http://3ringnecklace.com/

These are all great stories!:)
I've finally got a story to contribute of my own!
I took my *whisper* first */whisper* 200lb student. He was a Harley motorcycle due, with a long braid and handlebar mustache. He was probably in his late 30s or early 40s. He had false teeth, which he took out before the jump. I didn't talk to him much after that because he seemed embarrassed that he had no teeth in his mouth. The jump was uneventful. He gave me a $10 tip, which was my first (and only) tip.

The next weekend, he came back to the dropzone. He asked if he would do another jump, would he be able to request me? He said that he's more comfortable going on a jump with a female instructor ("not that I'm honophobic or anything" yeah right)- I said yeah, that's fine. I asked if he was going on a jump today, and he said no, he doesn't have the money right now. Then he held out a $10 bill and said that he came back to the drop zone to give me a bigger tip. He said that he felt that he short-changed me. I told him that he is the only person to give me a tip. He was suprised by that- all the while this conversation is going on, I have a very sneaky suspicion, but I can't figure out what it is. I finally said, "You're not a creepy stalker guy are you?" He looked embarrassed and said, "Well I had a lot of fun on the jump." Then I said something professional like, "I look forward to our jump whenever it is." Then he starts shaking and drops the bomb and says, "Would you like to go out sometime?" :o He came back to the dropzone just to ask me out!!:D:D:D All I could say was "No". I should have said, "I have a boyfriend" but I was so shocked!:S

;) lol

At least he had the guts to ask you...!!! Even if he had no chance, I salute him B|

My 3rd paying customer who grabbed the strut on the 182 on exit and then went fetal.
This guy was 6'8" and 220 pounds.
Anyway,I recovered from the side spin by 9K(we exited at 11K) and then had to land with basketball Jones passed out with no wind.
That was several thousand tandems ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.
No injuries,just alot of torn up grass and dirt.

The little Polish girl I took in Chicago. Didn't talk much but she was having a good time in freefall. once we go under canopy I could tell she was shaking almost shivering and every time i made a canopy turn she screamed.
When we finally get on the ground she just sits there for a few moments and finally gets up. She is flushed in her face and a wet spot in the crotch!
gives me a huge hug and we walk back in the hangar. she signs my logbook in Polish. I ask one of the locals what it says....'Thanks for the orgasm' is one of the lines.

Only have had 3-4 of those that I know of in 1700 tandems.
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Was about a year and a half ago, I was always known for taking the larger folks anyway, but we have also been more cautious about the shape of the students.(harness fitting like it should).
And there was a girl that came in which pushed the boundries of each requirement, She pleaded her case about really wanting to do this with manifest and manifest explained that it would be an instructors decision, everyone else said no-deal, Manifest pulled me aside and asked me to consider a student and with a quick glance said sure why not, we have the new modified harnesses.

Completed the jump in which I did have to push her legs up for her, but without incident.

Gave me a huge hug and thanks so much, happens all the time really nothing major there.

Manifest came back later and thanked me as well which was a suprise, the girl had then after the jump explained to them that she has been in a long battle with cancer and was celebrating 5 yrs of being cancer free and that skydiving was the only thing she wanted to try.

Just one that I like to think about.
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

I had a young Navy kid who came out to jump with his friends. They must have had fun the night before drinking and eating raw oysters. Exit and freefall was great. As soon as the canopy opened I got a whiff that would make my cat bow its' head in shame!! I was starting to hurl all over my students back!! He said "man I am really sorry!!" "We were drinking and betting each other who could eat the most raw oysters last night!" The guy had SHIT and pissed his pants!!! I told him that "I was going to have to pull the student cutaway handle because I was getting sick!" He cried "NOOO! Please don't!!!" After a few long sickening moments it was time to land. August in Pensacola, Florida is really hot and humid. Of course there was no wind. We had to slide in for landing the guy had shit all down his back! I thought to myself Thank God I put a flight suit on him!! He got to keep It. His friends had a real good laugh!!! I went directly to the shower!!

It was sunset at Skydive Santa Barbara. I was with this stunning little Italian lady. We just opened up and turned to the west. Beautiful sunset with High wispy clouds. Just then A large Titian rocket launched out of Vandenburg AFB. What a awesome sight!!

Dave Tuller just returned from the war in Iraq! He was now a double amputee. The city of Milton, Florida and a contractor built him a house. Dave had always wanted to jump. I took him on a tandem and landed him in his new front yard with his friends and media! He said that "Serving his Country and being wounded set his life up for a whole new challenge and motivated him like never before!" He is now on the Paraplegic Olympic team. He has also been in several marathons. He is an inspiration!! It was my honor to share our sport with him!

My first paying passenger was one of my most memorable.

She was 5'1" tall, maybe 100 pounds, pretty little blue eyed blonde woman. She was a former gymnast and working as a stunt woman. And her hair smelled nice, too. :) Of course, she did everything perfectly.:)
Geez, what an easy tandem, what pleasant company to have up there. As I sat on the plane, I couldn't believe I was getting paid to jump with her.:D:D The DZ certainly gave me an easy one to start my career.