shortyj

Most memoriable tandem student?

Maybe I've been around to long and seen to many people get hurt. imbeave2 shared a story which in my opinion showed poor judgement. The fact that the organisation he jumps for allowed him to do it is beyond belief - assuming that in the US there is a probationary period where a new TI must be supervised. I fail to see where I have shown any hypocrisy. If by hurting someones feelings I have made someone out there think about the future consequences of their actions, I'll lose no sleep.

dude....the first time I met my grandfather-in-law I thought he was in his late 50's maybe early 60's but he was 83. Sometimes age is really hard to tell. He is in great shape to. In fact he is in better shape than me at 27 as we had to move a really heavy table and he had less of a hard time that I did. (My wife's side of the family can typically live to be 100) Age does not automatically equal frailty and it can be really hard to judge age of some people.

Wow, whens the last time you got some ?[:/]
The skydive went off fine,,,whats your deal?
If he crunched the guy up, then you may have a point,,its like screaming at a gun on a coffee table !! WTF ?

and of course you killed the good vibes in the thread...:S>:(

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Wow, whens the last time you got some ?

Doing ok on that one cuz. You?

Somehow find your avatar name very appropriate....B| Or is that just an antipeodian thing....!

Blue skies and sorry about killing the vibes[:/]
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

I had a recent memorable one.

A young couple, college students, came out to do tandems. Myself and another young TI are taking them. They were very friendly and talkative. In the plane we hop the students up on our laps to start clipping them up tight (I was taking the girl). As the boyfriend student was being tightened in, the GF joked and said something along the lines of, "ride him ride him!" I jokingly said something to her along the lines of, "well you know, if he's interested, I might be able to talk ti (TI) and get some matchmaker going."

The GF student turned around and said to me, "that would be funny, that's kind of how we met. He dated my brother for almost a year."

I didn't really know what to say back other than, "wow," I was kind of speechless. Later on in the day we speculated some of the questions we should have asked after the couple had left like, "have you asked him who gives better head?"
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I took a woman up for her 40th b-day jump. She said all the rest planned jumpers wouldnt come . Nothing new there. She got video after we landed and walking back she said "I guess I can tell you now I have ADD. After seeing the video she had dyslexia of the mind too.She did everything about as ass backwards as possible. She could never be the worst I've taken but close. We survived to a point of laughing in freefall along with my video guy

dont get yourself in a hurry. Tandem is rewarding anf fun and also the most dangerous skydive you can make. It has been a bad couple of years for tandem and TI's new and old need to pay attention to that.

Not everyone can do the job well enough to be successful.:):)

But then the passengers are what keep most of use coming back for more. including some who shouldn't.

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

It was a few pages back, but this one made me laugh my spleen out.

As the reserve opens and I start to stuff handles into my collar he suddenly says: "Are you still there?"
"What do you mean am I still there? But of course..."
"Well I noticed it opened and then you started cursing and all and then I felt that I was in freefall again, so I was convinced - with my luck lately - that you chopped me from the parachute in order to deal with the problem..."

wow, where do I begin, 3000+ tandems
The last funny one was an 18 yr old girl,
big talker on the ground, wanted flips etc,
we start takeoff run in the otter and she starts
crying. I spent the next 15 minutes doing my
talk. When we turned on JR the pilot levels off
and powers back. She looks at me with tears in
her eyes and says "Why are we stopping?"
I explained what was happening,
but I sure laughed later. Everyone
on the plane was watching to see if she
would jump, she did and did good.
just when you think youve seen or heard
it all!!

I'm not good at telling a story like you people but, my most memorable tandem would have to be taking my 96 year old grandfather. We went out of a Cessna with my best friend doing the video. We had to hurry because weather was rolling in. On jump run the plane was heading towards the biggest cloud I've ever seen, a wall of white (and some not so white) from 2000 ft up to I don't know how high, and only about a mile in front of us.

The skydive was excellent. He waved at the camera, totally aware of everything. Since the weather was coming that was the last load of the day and EVERYBODY on the DZ was out at the peas for the landing.

He got a lot of mileage out of that video. Whenever someone new visited the retirement home they were taken to his room to see his video. At his funeral four years later it was mentioned that he made a skydive with his grandson and there was a audible gasp from some members of the congregation that were not aware of what he did, at such an advanced age.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

a few years ago I had a girl, the plan was for me to pull a little high.
so the bf would land first, take off his js under it he had on a tux.
friends rolled out a huge "will you marry me" sign. So he's there on
one knee, roses the whole bit. We turn final and I say hey look there's
a message for you. There's this pause and then she says.
"But I hardly know you" of course I say no look it's your bf. very funny. happy ending
Jimmy Leonard my hero, the other TI. had a huge laugh latter when I
told him

a few years ago I had a girl, the plan was for me to pull a little high.
so the bf would land first, take off his js under it he had on a tux.
friends rolled out a huge "will you marry me" sign. So he's there on
one knee, roses the whole bit. We turn final and I say hey look there's
a message for you. There's this pause and then she says.
"But I hardly know you" of course I say no look it's your bf. very funny. happy ending
Jimmy Leonard my hero, the other TI. had a huge laugh latter when I
told him

I don't have to ask what her hair color was!
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Let's hear some stories about the hardest tandem students to get out of the plane!

Ok I'll bite- I took this less-than-feminine woman with a very short hair cut (*hint hint*) on a tandem out of a 182. In the door, she grabbed the stabilizer (diagonal bar that goes from the wing to the body of the airplane). Not unusual- students do that all the time. I grabbed her hand to pull it off- but she had such a strong grip, I couldn't get her to let go (remember I'm a woman). I yelled in her ear, "Let go!" but she still didn't let go. By this time, we had been in the door longer than usual, and the spot was getting long. I started to punch her hand and she still didn't let go. Finally I yelled in her ear, "LET GO OF THE GODDAMN PLANE!" She immediately let go and the freefall was great. Under canopy, I apologized for cursing at her. Her response was, "You cursed at me? Why?" I said, "Because you won't let go of the plane." Her response was, "I was holding on to the plane?" She had no idea!!!!! :S
http://3ringnecklace.com/