shunkka

maximum tall for a tandem passenger

hellow
i have a friend (basketball player:S) who is 6.7 tall (2.01m) and 210 lbs (95kg)
it`s ok to be a tandem passenger?
any restrictions??

thanks

I would not recommend taking him out of a C-182. :S :ph34r: As far as his weight goes, he's within the safe range. He should be okay, just use a bigger plane for easier and comfortable exits. ;) It will also help if the tandem-master will still be able to see around or over his head.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

in Lapalisse I saw tandem passengers of that format. They would have the tandem master hopping on their back and they would run/walk to exit the skyvan :D You must be a really motivated tandem passenger to exit like that... :o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Come on Billy lets have a little fun!

Maybe a C-172 standard body with Shaq?

LMFAO :D:D

He's way too heavy for a tandem. Hell, I think he would be fine as a solo student wearing the tandem rig! :ph34r: :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I would not recommend taking him out of a C-182.

I took a friend of mine that's 6'6" out of a narrow body 182 a bit over a year ago. It *can* be done, but out of a 182 it takes a bit of work and it isn't too comfy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've taken 2 people over 6'5" - both out of a 207. Tight as hell, but it can be done. they HAVE to get those legs up for landing and as I'm 5'7" I didn't even try standing them up.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I am very tall and my instructor was very tall for my first tandem out of a 182. It was very difficult to connect the harness and even harder to get my legs out the door... I made 2 tandems out of a 182, I have yet to jump one sense. Id say go for a bigger DZ that has anything but a 182 or even a 206.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I am 6' 6" and did my tandem out of a Cessna 195 with a TM who is about 6' 4". Video guy was also 6' or taller. The other jumperon the plane was drakeshelby, who while not all that tall, thinks that lifting weights is a fun hobby. There was NO extra room in that plane.

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

When I had just got my TM rating and had about two dozen wrigglies to my name I took a Duthcman out of a 182 6'8 and no more than 90KG's

The exit wasn't that hard at all I found. (I'm 5'11.999999 and 85KGS) but as we went out the door he put one leg out to the left as far as he could and the other up his bum.

To add insult to injury he headbutted me on opening and pushed my favourite sunnies of my head.

Did I mention the spin:S or the line twists on opening all 8 or 9 of them :|
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Quite a few years ago, in the early 90's, a good friend of mine who is 5'6" and 145 lbs took a tandem passenger up that was 6'7" ... he could have died..... the passenger had his legs straight out behind them which caused them to pitch up and down ... the passenger hooked his leg around the drogue bridle during one of their head down moments .... when the drogue release was pulled ... nothing happened .... he had to fire off the reserve .. which fortunately cleared the drogue and opened but it was a nasty situation.

So, the guy's height does warrant some precautions and awareness.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Probably have less second thoughts about getting out of the airplane than some of us did :D

Get out now, or stay cramped in this tiny thing for landing.. hmmm, lets go already!

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

I am 6' 6" and did my tandem out of a Cessna 195 with a TM who is about 6' 4". Video guy was also 6' or taller. The other jumperon the plane was drakeshelby, who while not all that tall, thinks that lifting weights is a fun hobby. There was NO extra room in that plane

Did you climb out or just pop out automatically when the door was opened?:P

I have a friend (basketball player:S) who is 6.7 tall (2.01m) and 210 lbs (95kg)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I (6 feet tall and 190 pounds) have jumped with dozens of tandem students in that size range.

Start by taking him to a DZ that has an airplane with a big door. A Cessna U206 with a cargo door is the bare minimum. When we get big students at Pitt Meadows, I tell manifest that I will only take them out of our King Air.
Airplanes with tail ramps (Skyvan, CASA, etc.) are the best.

Also ask for an instructor who is 6 feet or taller and who has plenty of experience with big students.

I've seen a tandem passenger so huge and the T.pilot so compact that when connected the passenger could walk lugging the T.pilot and rig with the pilot/rig suspended fully off the ground.
Without any apparent exertion:o

They were both soldiers ..... with some skydiving experience.

I got my TM last season and had a blast (to stupid to know better!?)(I wondered why I was getting all the big guys and not the cute ladies! :D) . On my 23 tandem I hooked up a guy who as an MP from the Air Force. Glad he knew how to fly as he was 6'8" and 275lbs. The pilot of our C-182 (another TM) look down at my crotch and told me I had "big ones" (I didn't know what he meant at the time). It was "snug" getting out the door, but everything went well. A 5mph wind helped to provide a perfect standup landing..... for him. [:/]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JUMP SAFE!

I am a female TI who is 5'5" and I have taken numerous guys 6'2 and over the tallest being 6'8" out of a 182 and I've never had any problems-- I always use a seated exit-- besides the planes ride being a little tight for them its been fine-- Def important legs up for landing-- they usually sit and I stand!-- pics look funny as well as we are walking to the airplane!