pinkskyvan

Most Tandem jumps in one day by a single instructor

18 where I packed, waivered, geared and jumped. 26 just jumping. Was sore after that. Pretty consistently do 15-20 a day. I find it easier the more I do. I actually have gotten re-invigorated after dealing with a very restrictive situation. Fun, fun, fun!

Is this only with paying customers or with first time students? If not, then I believe the current record is 103 tandems in 24 hrs by Chip Bowlin.

Actually, that record was broken (reported in Parachutist), but not by very much. Would have to check the world record web site to verify the current credit.

Correct. 105 jumps in 24 hours. T/M was Luther Kurtz. Experienced pax was Angela.

http://www.skydiveharborsprings.com/world-record-tandem-jumps/

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-3000/most-tandem-parachute-jumps-by-an-individual-in-24-hours/

aloha.

Yeah my shoulder was bugging me. Better now.....now my knee is starting to bother me.:( This job can be hard on the body. 4500 tandems 4400 of them were stand up landings. now my knee is paying for that. I'm only 28.>:(

------------------------------------------------
'I refuse to tiptoe quitely through life
only to arrive safely at death' Anon

Is this only with paying customers or with first time students? If not, then I believe the current record is 103 tandems in 24 hrs by Chip Bowlin.

I supported Chip's 24-hour record in Z-Hills. It was hardcore. He had the same passenger and she was bruised black and blue at the end of it.

Chuck

The Record set in 2010 by Luther Kurtz with his sister Angela as passenger In Harbor Springs MI. 105 in 22.5 hours Plus another after with media for an unofficial total of 106 in 24 hours.

No big support crew no b12 hooks and 2 182's and a 206

Angela was sick for most of the night but would not give up. Strong is not a strong enough word for her effort. Both went for dinner with fanily and friends afterwards and looked fresh and springy.

Edited to correct year.

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

The Record set in 2010 by Luther Kurtz with his sister Angela as passenger In Harbor Springs MI. 105 in 22.5 hours Plus another after with media for an unofficial total of 106 in 24 hours.

Edited to correct year.

I was wondering whether that record attempt was going to stick, since according to the Parachutist article, Angela had only an A license (therefore, not USPA-legal to jump at night). Then again, when Chip & Kristine established the first record, Guinness only designated it a record for the TI, not for the team. Or did the article list Angela's license incorrectly?
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

That is a shit load of 182 jumps, even with a cooperative experienced teammate. Lots of respect from me!

I feel pretty beat up after getting 16+ first time jumpers out of the 182!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P