pinkskyvan

Most Tandem jumps in one day by a single instructor

At our dz we do about 750 to 850 feet of walking per jump. To the aircraft and from the LZ. (I carried a portable GPS and measured it!) I've been begging for a pickup to no avail. :(

I did 11 like that one time and was pooped. B|
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I know it isn't me: my record is 12, did it twice. The first time, it kicked my ass. The second time, I had a blast and felt so good on the sunset load that I felt like I could've done 12 more. Too bad, ran out of daylight and students.

While the logbook and checkbook entries from those days were both awesome, I find that being on that many tandems in one day really limits how much time I have with my students between jumps. Since I refuse to shortchange myself on training my students, I end up having to rush the post-jump stuff. While I don't need to reminesce about every moment of the day with them, I do try to spend a little time with them after the jump... dumping them off at the counter with their certificate and goodies and running for the next student always feels like sneaking out of a woman's bed after a one-nighter, you know? That moment means so much to them, it sucks to make them realize that they're still riding the high and you've already "moved on"...

Even tandem students deserve a little "cuddle time", right? :P

Elvisio "especially the cute chickies with big... eyes, yeah that's it, big eyes" Rodriguez

I know it isn't me: my record is 12, did it twice. The first time, it kicked my ass. The second time, I had a blast and felt so good on the sunset load that I felt like I could've done 12 more. Too bad, ran out of daylight and students.

While the logbook and checkbook entries from those days were both awesome, I find that being on that many tandems in one day really limits how much time I have with my students between jumps. Since I refuse to shortchange myself on training my students, I end up having to rush the post-jump stuff. While I don't need to reminesce about every moment of the day with them, I do try to spend a little time with them after the jump... dumping them off at the counter with their certificate and goodies and running for the next student always feels like sneaking out of a woman's bed after a one-nighter, you know? That moment means so much to them, it sucks to make them realize that they're still riding the high and you've already "moved on"...

Even tandem students deserve a little "cuddle time", right? :P

Elvisio "especially the cute chickies with big... eyes, yeah that's it, big eyes" Rodriguez

If they have big eyes or big hands....I always think it's nice to do what u said. I'm pretty sure a Tandem is a lot more than the freefall and canopyride....the little experience on the ground is important to....and I guess it generates some more passengers.
But, I can understand you're getting bored answering the same q 10 times each day...I'm only i a total of 50 tandems, so talking with passengers that think I'm the most crazy person in the world is still fun;)

....hmm....50...from 3000 feet....damn:o
Well, it's good to know the gear works in conditions I hopefully never need to try it.....

Bill Booth did 50.

But I cheated. No drogue...same experienced passenger...3,000 exit...no packing.

According to Frank Aranus of Fla.,"Anyone who does more than 10 tandems in one day is dangrous, reckless,and motivated by greed". And any defense of doing so is "Macho Rhetoric".

He wants opinions from other TIs.

See last 3 issues of Skydiving Magazine,letters(Dec.,Jan.,and Feb).

Bill Booth did 50.

But I cheated. No drogue...same experienced passenger...3,000 exit...no packing.

According to Frank Aranus of Fla.,"Anyone who does more than 10 tandems in one day is dangerous, reckless,and motivated by greed". And any defense of doing so is "Macho Rhetoric".

He wants opinions from other TIs.

See last 3 issues of Skydiving Magazine,letters(Dec.,Jan.,and Feb).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I tend to agree with Frank.

... but until DZOs start paying TIs what they are worth, TIs will still have to work ourselves to the point of exhaustion to make a living.

A few years back, I did a casual exit poll of tandem students, and most of them believed that TIs were worth double the going pay.

The only way that I am able to earn a reasonable wage is to wear a Handy-Mount ($30 vs. $70). I will admit that Handy-Mount is a distraction and it does increase my workload during the jump. Handy-Mount really only pays if I can fob off the dubbing on some other staff member. That whole staying late to dub videos is exhausting ... time that would be better spent eating a decent supper and going to bed early.

Twice I did 15 in a day out of a 182. One day I was beat, and one day it felt like I could have done 15 more.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Twice I did 15 in a day out of a 182. One day I was beat, and one day it felt like I could have done 15 more.

Those amphetamines were pretty good, weren't they?
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Those amphetamines were pretty good, weren't they?
:P

I actually think the easier day was easier because it was later in the season. The hard day was early in the season and I wasn't in as good physical condition after the off-season.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Is this only with paying customers or with first time students? If not, then I believe the current record is 103 tandems in 24 hrs by Chip Bowlin.

Actually, that record was broken (reported in Parachutist), but not by very much. Would have to check the world record web site to verify the current credit.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!